This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

question for people who are tech savvy

#11rainedownPosted 8/19/2014 10:43:30 PM
chobit_A5HL3Y posted...
the link just lists a bunch of parts that i can customize lolz i have a general idea of what's considered "good", but i remembered reading that putting all the highest performance stuff together doesn't always make the best running pc. one of the major reasons why i just want a pre-built one is because i don't want to worry abou choosing wrong parts and then not knowing what's causing things to go wrong. i just want a good pc that i can use right away and have it be relatively optimized for what i wanna do with it~

It should be already set up for you, the base price was 900 something, my setup was 1284 I think.
#12TiamatKillerPosted 8/19/2014 11:18:39 PM
chobit_A5HL3Y posted...
i chose ironside 'cause i've heard good things about it, so i trust them based on recommendation. that other site is overwhelming and confuses me, tbh lolz i have a general idea of what's considered "good", but i remembered reading that putting all the highest performance stuff together doesn't always make the best running pc. one of the major reasons why i just want a pre-built one is because i don't want to worry abou choosing wrong parts and then not knowing what's causing things to go wrong. i just want a good pc that i can use right away and have it be relatively optimized for what i wanna do with it~

Blobs_ posted...
Usually the thing you pay for when you pay for good ram is stability. When it comes to gaming, ram is kind of a "you have it or you don't" thing, having any more ram than say... 8gb will give you very a very small performance increase.

The difference in performance between really expensive ram and your average ram is negligible, especially when it comes to gaming. What you're paying for is less chance of it to go bad.

so does that mean the corsair brand is more reliable than the stock stuff?

i was also wondering what everyone's opinion was on amd vs intel for gaming.

At the tier of processors you seem to be looking at, I'd go ahead with Intel.
---
i5-3570k @3.4GHZ | GTX 560Ti (2GB) @930MHz | Asus P8Z77-V Pro | Samsung 840 (250GB) | 1TB Seagate 7200rpm | 8GB RAM | Zalman 9900 MAX | CoolerMaster HAF 912
#13Garage_ManPosted 8/20/2014 1:10:14 AM
Intel, always intel! Least a core i5 but honestly get a i7. Ram wont matter for gaming. I personally use gskill and wouldn't ever buy anything else...that said it either works or it doesn't. There really isn't middle ground here. Get the best video card your money can buy at the time.

Building is stupid easy btw. There are tons of guides with the specific parts. If you can use Lincoln logs you can put together a PC.
#14chobit_A5HL3Y(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2014 2:12:27 PM
Garage_Man posted...
Intel, always intel! Least a core i5 but honestly get a i7. Ram wont matter for gaming. I personally use gskill and wouldn't ever buy anything else...that said it either works or it doesn't. There really isn't middle ground here. Get the best video card your money can buy at the time.

Building is stupid easy btw. There are tons of guides with the specific parts. If you can use Lincoln logs you can put together a PC.

is the computer i listed good then? will it last me a while? and are there any modifications you would add to it from what's offered?
---
o3o
PSN: chobit_A5HL3Y