This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

geforce 880gtx leaked to be 20% faster than 780ti in 3d mark extreme

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. geforce 880gtx leaked to be 20% faster than 780ti in 3d mark extreme
1 year ago#31
Are the new Nvidia cards going to have low TDP similar to the 750ti? That would be sweet.
---
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg
1 year ago#32
I wonder what that would mean for the price of the 780's too though and then the entire 7 series. Might be able to get some amazing value there.
1 year ago#33
Also rumored increases are always best case scenarios. In most situations you will probably be looking at half that. That goes for any tech company not just nvidia.

I also don't see nvidia coming back to the old reasonable gpu prices until dumbasses finally quit forking their money over; currently they have no reason to change. I would expect them to continue with their 700 dollar gpus because why the hell wouldn't they.
---
Drugs are never the answer, unless the question is what isn't the answer.
1 year ago#34
KURRUPTOR posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
YukitoRambo posted...
Cheaper than 780Ti?

WHAT A WHOLE LOAD OF BOLLOCKS.

This is NVIDIA, folks. They've always priced their stuff high and they will continue to, because there are enough people out there who will always lap up to it for the same reason why people still buy Apple gadgets; the price may be disproportionate to the actual value, but it gives its purchasers a sense of superiority over anyone else through their seemingly greater purchasing power.

What are you talking about? nVidia has regularly put out cheaper, faster products than the competition. Off the top of my head, GTX460 outperformed AMD cards at a lower price,(5850) as did 680(with 7970). On the other hand, AMD has gone on record saying they refused to drop the price of the 7970 even though 680 was faster and cheaper because they could gouge their loyal customers and anyone too impatient to wait for 680 to be in stock.

If they went on record then where is the record of AMD saying that? There is no Fing way any company would say that ever...

Also when was the 680 cheaper than the 7970? I upgraded my gpu during that generation of cards and do not remember 680s being cheaper. They were generally around the same price or more expensive.

When the 7970 first released they were $50 more than the 680, that's what made my decision.
---
Dood... http://wp.me/1EBnQ KC
"The best thing to happen to Linux is the release of Vista." Jack
1 year ago#35
Sounds alright, we shouldn't expect big leaps as long as they're stuck on 28nm
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
1 year ago#36
I just sent back my 290, waiting for an 800 series. This 4600 is going to kill me. But it's nice to see "September" now.
---
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png
1 year ago#37
Saw a youtube of the retailer NCIX saying the rumored price will be around $400-$450. Would be amazing at that price, but I somehow doubt it will be that low.

---
<><><><><>
1 year ago#38
Boge posted...
I just sent back my 290, waiting for an 800 series. This 4600 is going to kill me. But it's nice to see "September" now.

Pushed back to march... How would you feel?
---
Dood... http://wp.me/1EBnQ KC
"The best thing to happen to Linux is the release of Vista." Jack
1 year ago#39
Isn't the Gtx 880 Gpu the GM 204?
Going on gpu naming the 880 is more of a replacement to the 770 if anything, kinda how the 680 (GK 104) wasn't the fully fledged Kepler we first expected it to be and was rather the mid range gpu but stood well against the competition so it made sense to be released as flagship.

Ever since Fermi architecture x10 has been the flagship gpus.
So if anything, the really exciting stuff will be the Gtx 980.

The 256bit memory bus is a bit telling too. Current GK 110 gpus have almost 50% more memory bandwidth vs the specs in TCs post.
---
| Gigabyte GTX 780 Ti SLI | i7 2600K @4.6Ghz |
| Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 | 16GB DDR3 1600 | X-Fi Titanium champion | Ps3/360/Ps4 |
1 year ago#40
is it really bus width only 256 bit?
---
PC Gaming Rigs, PS3, PS VITA, PSP
i7 4790 | MSI GTX 780 Ti TF OC | 12 GB RAM | 3 TB HDD | Sony Bravia 40HX750 | Altec Lansing MX6021
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. geforce 880gtx leaked to be 20% faster than 780ti in 3d mark extreme

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived