This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Diablo III PC vs Console Thoughts

#1SampsonMPosted 8/20/2014 5:55:25 AM
So, I picked up Diablo III: UEE for my Xbox One last night. I've put about 100 hours into the PC version (and over 1000 hours into Diablo II). Some thoughts comparing the two:

The graphics on the Xbox One are noticeably worse than my PC with its ancient Radeon 5870. Much better than my girlfriend's laptop with integrated graphics, though.

The game actually controls better with an Xbox One controller. Strange to say, but it's true. The only issue is playing co-op and opening menus -- only one person can manage their equipment at one time, and it's jarring to the game play. Still, I actually found it a better co-op experience when playing with just 2 people. Four player I think would be another matter.
---
An artist is a creature driven by demons. He dont know why they choose him and hes usually too busy to wonder why.
#2triple sPosted 8/20/2014 6:01:57 AM
I know I will get shunned for saying this, but I hate "point and attack" style RPGs on PC. So being able to play with a controller is the main reason I'm getting the Xbox One version myself along with 4 player couch co op.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#3Hi CPosted 8/20/2014 6:03:20 AM
The game sucks PC or console, pre and post expansion, regardless.

Adding the RMAH was stupid of them. Caving to the whiners and removing it, especially after most of the profits were made, was even more stupid.

Blizzard couldn't do anything right if their lives depended on it.

They've been mostly just a "pc game on the side" company for console gamers since 2005 anyway.
#4wdfosterPosted 8/20/2014 6:05:10 AM
Hi C posted...

Adding the RMAH was stupid of them. Caving to the whiners and removing it, especially after most of the profits were made, was even more stupid.

They've been mostly just a "pc game on the side" company for console gamers since 2005 anyway.

Lawl
---
Steam ID - BarneyRound
#5SampsonM(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2014 6:18:33 AM
Hi C posted...

Blizzard remains one of the greatest developers in the world, up there with Nintendo EAD and Naughty Dog.

People way over-reacted to how bad Diablo III was (it wasn't bad at all, it just had some problems) when it launched. And they subsequently fixed it.

They've done this with many of their games in the past -- Warcraft 3, for example, was nearly unplayable at launch and required an expansion to fix the core gameplay. Anyone who doesn't remember this is too young, or is looking back with rose-colored glasses.

What was the game the anti-Blizzard fanboys were raving about back then? Torch light 2? Does anyone even play it anymore? What's the game they're raving about now? Path of Exile? Both will soon be forgotten. Meanwhile, Diablo III will still be relevant 5-8 years from now.

Blizzard games stand the test of time. No other company even comes close.
---
An artist is a creature driven by demons. He dont know why they choose him and hes usually too busy to wonder why.
#6ClashtonnPosted 8/20/2014 6:27:03 AM
I prefer isometric controls for the type of game.
---
i5 somethingK | GTX 660TI and some letters | Like 8 rams or something| Really Big HDD | Kind of small SDD
#7Rolen47Posted 8/20/2014 6:34:22 AM(edited)
triple s posted...
I know I will get shunned for saying this, but I hate "point and attack" style RPGs on PC. So being able to play with a controller is the main reason I'm getting the Xbox One version myself along with 4 player couch co op.

That's how I felt with the original Diablo. I used to play it on PS1. Playing the Warrior and Rogue class was fun, but playing the Sorcerer class wasn't fun though because targeting and switching spells was cumbersome.
#8pothocketPosted 8/20/2014 6:34:19 AM
Can PC Diablo 3 be played with a controller?
---
http://i.imgur.com/aBZ2Gww.gif http://i.imgur.com/HnzWmt3.gif
#9SampsonM(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2014 6:34:39 AM
pothocket posted...
Can PC Diablo 3 be played with a controller?

Nope.
---
#10KanthakaPosted 8/20/2014 6:48:07 AM
Can't imagine playing it with a controller. How is it so far, though?
---
Don't mess with Kanthaka, he's stronger than Gheb. - lhatesourkraut