This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Diablo III PC vs Console Thoughts

#21RaikouenPosted 8/20/2014 7:01:43 AM
Hi C posted...
The game sucks PC or console, pre and post expansion, regardless.

Adding the RMAH was stupid of them. Caving to the whiners and removing it, especially after most of the profits were made, was even more stupid.

Blizzard couldn't do anything right if their lives depended on it.

They've been mostly just a "pc game on the side" company for console gamers since 2005 anyway.

Except their first console game since the late 90's (which was an awful port of D1) was Diablo 3, which released only last year.

Yeah, they've totally focused on consoles, judging by the fact they were PC exclusive devs until a year ago.
#22AndehPandyPosted 8/20/2014 7:02:18 AM
triple s posted...
I know I will get shunned for saying this, but I hate "point and attack" style RPGs on PC. So being able to play with a controller is the main reason I'm getting the Xbox One version myself along with 4 player couch co op.

I'm going to have to agree with this. When i played Diablo 2, i LOVED the lore and the atmosphere....but in terms of playing Point and Click...i hated it >_< but i pulled through lol. one of my all time favorite ARPGs is Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance
#23ClashtonnPosted 8/20/2014 7:03:50 AM
Raikouen posted...
Hi C posted...

Adding the RMAH was stupid of them. Caving to the whiners and removing it, especially after most of the profits were made, was even more stupid.

They've been mostly just a "pc game on the side" company for console gamers since 2005 anyway.

Except their first console game since the late 90's (which was an awful port of D1) was Diablo 3, which released only last year.

Yeah, they've totally focused on consoles, judging by the fact they were PC exclusive devs until a year ago.

They are man. Expect Starcraft 2, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm and WoW to get console ports next year. And they'll give it crappy controls and add a dodgeroll and console gamers will be so happy.
---
i5 somethingK | GTX 660TI and some letters | Like 8 rams or something| Really Big HDD | Kind of small SDD
#24IzicialPosted 8/20/2014 7:04:43 AM
Raikouen posted...
Hi C posted...

Nah there last console port before D3 was Starcraft 64 in 2000.
Warcraft II was also released for the PS and Sega Saturn.
---
Check out my SL 1 playthrough of Dark Souls II on my channel Izzy Games.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL19gU5IpjVkl-9LtY2ASx8ouTspMrGfN_
#25Worknofun370Posted 8/20/2014 7:23:52 AM
SampsonM posted...
Warcraft 3, for example, was nearly unplayable at launch and required an expansion to fix the core gameplay. Anyone who doesn't remember this is too young, or is looking back with rose-colored glasses.

I very very easily just have rose-colored glasses on. But I don't remember WC3 being "nearly unplayable" up until the expansion by any means.
---
hasa diga eebowai
#26jokujokujokuPosted 8/20/2014 7:24:49 AM(edited)
SampsonM posted...
People way over-reacted to how bad Diablo III was (it wasn't bad at all, it just had some problems) when it launched. And they subsequently fixed it.

So I can play it offline on PC now? Awesome. I'll go but it right now.

EDIT: Wait a minute...
#27RaikouenPosted 8/20/2014 7:26:39 AM
jokujokujoku posted...
SampsonM posted...
People way over-reacted to how bad Diablo III was (it wasn't bad at all, it just had some problems) when it launched. And they subsequently fixed it.

Yes you can. Buy it on console.
#28SampsonM(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2014 7:34:31 AM
Worknofun370 posted...
SampsonM posted...
Warcraft 3, for example, was nearly unplayable at launch and required an expansion to fix the core gameplay. Anyone who doesn't remember this is too young, or is looking back with rose-colored glasses.

I very very easily just have rose-colored glasses on. But I don't remember WC3 being "nearly unplayable" up until the expansion by any means.

There was a guy by the name of Tillerman that used to do commentary/blog about WC3: RoC. He had a post maybe around 2002/2003, can't find it now, pointing out the severe balance issues with the original game.

Namely, the ideal strategy with every race was to just rush tech to casters, and then mass casters. It was immensely overpowered.

Blizzard games have a very long tail. They don't start out looking anything like how they end up. But people seem to forget this every time a new one comes out. They complained about SCII because it wasn't the same as SC I (even though the later had 8 years of balance patches).
---
An artist is a creature driven by demons. He dont know why they choose him and hes usually too busy to wonder why.
#29jokujokujokuPosted 8/20/2014 7:37:16 AM
Raikouen posted...
jokujokujoku posted...
SampsonM posted...

Yes you can. Buy it on console.

Perhaps you'd like to reread my comment.
#30Worknofun370Posted 8/20/2014 7:37:16 AM
SampsonM posted...
There was a guy by the name of Tillerman that used to do commentary/blog about WC3: RoC. He had a post maybe around 2002/2003, can't find it now, pointing out the severe balance issues with the original game.

Namely, the ideal strategy with every race was to just rush tech to casters, and then mass casters. It was immensely overpowered.

OK Cool, so I don't have rose colored glasses on then. That makes me feel a bit better.
---
hasa diga eebowai