This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Diablo III PC vs Console Thoughts

#31ShubPosted 8/20/2014 8:38:31 AM
Well I know nothing of WC3 since I barely played it in multiplayer -- I only play RTS with good single player campaigns because I'm terrible at those games and have zero fun playing online -- so any balance issues never bothered me playing only the single player campaign, but I would think comments from Tillerman are very relevant.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#32JKatarnPosted 8/20/2014 8:39:51 AM
Considering that the PS3 version in my experience compared very favorably to the graphics on the rig in my sig, I find it hard to believe that the XB1 version is "noticeably worse" than playing on your Radeon. Other than possibly lower resolution, all the same effects should be there.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#33RaikouenPosted 8/20/2014 8:43:02 AM
jokujokujoku posted...
Raikouen posted...
jokujokujoku posted...
SampsonM posted...
People way over-reacted to how bad Diablo III was (it wasn't bad at all, it just had some problems) when it launched. And they subsequently fixed it.

So I can play it offline on PC now? Awesome. I'll go but it right now.

EDIT: Wait a minute...

Yes you can. Buy it on console.

Perhaps you'd like to reread my comment.

I did. I was alluding to the fact that D3 on consoles is just like the PC counterpart aside from mod support and you can play it offline.
#34Worknofun370Posted 8/20/2014 8:44:21 AM
Shub posted...
Well I know nothing of WC3 since I barely played it in multiplayer -- I only play RTS with good single player campaigns because I'm terrible at those games and have zero fun playing online -- so any balance issues never bothered me playing only the single player campaign,

Ditto, just played the campaign and multiplier with friends. Never did ladder or similar with WC3, so never dealt with any imbalance issues. Makes sense why I don't remember anything "unplayable" about it, cause it was pretty damn playable. :)
---
hasa diga eebowai
#35JKatarnPosted 8/20/2014 9:14:29 AM
GunmaN1905 posted...
Lol @ people playing it with a controller.
Lol @ people thinking it can't be played with a controller on PC.

Lol at thinking using some mouse+keyboard emulation software on PC means Diablo 3 is at all playable/intuitive on a controller on PC vs. the console versions where they specifically designed the UI/controls/targetting etc. around the controllers.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
#36JKatarnPosted 8/20/2014 9:16:29 AM
Worknofun370 posted...
SampsonM posted...
Warcraft 3, for example, was nearly unplayable at launch and required an expansion to fix the core gameplay. Anyone who doesn't remember this is too young, or is looking back with rose-colored glasses.

I very very easily just have rose-colored glasses on. But I don't remember WC3 being "nearly unplayable" up until the expansion by any means.

I remember when "unplayable" used to mean quite literally a broken, buggy mess of a game, now it appears to mean "Oh man, these few units/maps are unbalanced, IT'S UNPLAYABLE!!!"
---
#37JKatarnPosted 8/20/2014 9:17:57 AM
Edavy89 posted...
SampsonM posted...
Hi C posted...
The game sucks PC or console, pre and post expansion, regardless.

Adding the RMAH was stupid of them. Caving to the whiners and removing it, especially after most of the profits were made, was even more stupid.

Blizzard couldn't do anything right if their lives depended on it.

They've been mostly just a "pc game on the side" company for console gamers since 2005 anyway.

Blizzard remains one of the greatest developers in the world, up there with Nintendo EAD and Naughty Dog.

People way over-reacted to how bad Diablo III was (it wasn't bad at all, it just had some problems) when it launched. And they subsequently fixed it.

They've done this with many of their games in the past -- Warcraft 3, for example, was nearly unplayable at launch and required an expansion to fix the core gameplay. Anyone who doesn't remember this is too young, or is looking back with rose-colored glasses.

What was the game the anti-Blizzard fanboys were raving about back then? Torch light 2? Does anyone even play it anymore? What's the game they're raving about now? Path of Exile? Both will soon be forgotten. Meanwhile, Diablo III will still be relevant 5-8 years from now.

Blizzard games stand the test of time. No other company even comes close.

Oh goodness, please try and remove your head from your sphincter. I'm personally a fan of D3 after the changes, but to act like other games that come out are incapable of remaining relevant because blizzard didn't make them just makes you come across like an asinine fan-boy.

Are there any other kinds of fan-boys? It was my understanding that the two were synonymous.
---
#38Worknofun370Posted 8/20/2014 9:27:06 AM
JKatarn posted...
I remember when "unplayable" used to mean quite literally a broken, buggy mess of a game

That's where my mind went too.
---
hasa diga eebowai
#39jake-sfPosted 8/20/2014 9:34:29 AM
They don't even support WASD movement for this game.

Its baffles me, honestly. Mouse-based click movement for an action game like this is archaic. To me, thats the equivalent of playing a shooter with a keyboard only. Its quite painful, and to properly handle your character at its maximum capacity requires a LOT of back & forth with the mouse. It gets annoying.

Its unfortunate that they brought level scaling to consoles too, though. That single element destroyed Diablo 3 and any fun I could ever have had out of it.

And when are they going to give us that offline experience on PC? Oh thats right, never. The modding potential on that game is gigantic. But who gives a ****, right.
---
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#40SampsonM(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2014 9:36:50 AM
Worknofun370 posted...
JKatarn posted...
I remember when "unplayable" used to mean quite literally a broken, buggy mess of a game

That's where my mind went too.

Well, in that sense then, Diablo III was an absolutely perfect game at launch.

The only part that was broken was the end-game: Infernal mode and the drop rate therein.

When I say unplayable, I mean the part of Blizzard's games that has people spending 3000 hours playing them. The first 30-100 hours are almost always fine, it's the next 1000 hours.
---
An artist is a creature driven by demons. He dont know why they choose him and hes usually too busy to wonder why.