This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Diablo III PC vs Console Thoughts

#51KURRUPTORPosted 8/20/2014 10:07:49 AM
Yeah I think consoles got the better version when it comes to this game. I would actually buy the game if the PC version offered local coop and controller support. It's simple enough that my gf could play with me and enjoy it.

I'm kinda confused why there is no support for those features on the PC.
---
Drugs are never the answer, unless the question is what isn't the answer.
#52rainedownPosted 8/20/2014 10:14:44 AM
The control changes were the main reason I haven't picked it up on PC. I played with a friend on console for a bit, and it's a great feeling game. The dodge and Smash TV style aiming made it ridiculously fun.

Then I went back to D2 and clicked...and clicked....and clicked....and clicked...and clicked...and clicked....and clicked....and clicked....and clicked....and clicked...and clicked....

I don't see why they can't allow for proper controller support in the PC version, I'd buy it that day if it did.
#53NemerlightPosted 8/20/2014 10:16:04 AM
I only played demo on 360 vs having full game on PC but i found controller to be more fun. Ofcourse i wont buy same game again.
---
Miami Heat not champions of 2014.
http://i.imgur.com/m52Q7Rt.gif
#54atopp399Posted 8/20/2014 10:44:45 AM(edited)
My thoughts are the game was designed from scratch to be a console game. The PC platform was a beta of sorts to try out new ideas. I think using a controller and playing on a console is more fun, surprisingly, which reaffirms the idea it was designed for consoles. The PS3/Xbox 360 games were released last year knowing the PS4/Xbox One games would release this year and that people would be rebuying the game multiple times, which is also the reason gamepads don't work the same in the PC version. If they did people wouldn't be re-buying full priced console games.

As for the game itself I enjoy it. I think it is the weakest of the 3 Diablo games but it is still a fun action game with some RPG elements. I believe the PS4 is the definitive version followed by PC.
#55Worknofun370Posted 8/20/2014 10:44:56 AM
atopp399 posted...
My thoughts are the game was designed from scratch to be a console game. The PC platform was a beta of sorts to try out new ideas.

Meh, the console version came out a year and a half after the PC release. I highly highly doubt it was designed from scratch to be a console game.
---
hasa diga eebowai
#56seryou101Posted 8/20/2014 10:52:30 AM
Console version seems pretty decent to me, I could definitely get behind using a controller for this game. At least for the melee classes, the aiming seems kind of wonky for range classes. I'm happy with PC though, I have no desire to buy the game twice and play it on another platform.

P.S. Diablo 3, despite how bad it is, will always trump it's competitors. PoE and TL2 are only fun for a short while, D3 lasts much longer.
---
I7-970 | EVGA 780 Classified
#57a687947Posted 8/20/2014 10:52:57 AM
SampsonM posted...
pothocket posted...
ZiggiStardust posted...
Playing on PS4 myself. Loving the controller setup. I played through the PC version once and had a blast, but I'm really digging these improved controls.

Yeah, weird how a device design for games is better at playing games than a device designed for creating spreadsheets. Who would have thought?

Eh.

Mouse+keyboard is objectively better for FPS. And good luck playing RTS with a controller.

Different control schemes favor different genres. Even a touch screen is superior for certain types of games.

I'm competitive in every FPS i play on PC with a controller and RTS games are incredibly easy with a controller as well
#58Worknofun370Posted 8/20/2014 10:57:08 AM
a687947 posted...
I'm competitive in every FPS i play on PC with a controller and RTS games are incredibly easy with a controller as well

RTS incredibly easy with a controller? hahahaha Sure thing slugger.

I'm also sure you're very, very competitive in those FPS games too. Totally believe that.
---
hasa diga eebowai
#59BogePosted 8/20/2014 11:00:04 AM
The best controls for a game like this would be WASD (or ESDF for the cool people) to move around on the screen, then aiming your cursor to attack and cast spells.

The problem with the console version, from what I've heard, is that you can't attack enemies over other enemies. For instance, a horde of the goblin guys are in your way, but the one that resurrects them is in the back behind them. You can't target and jump at that enemy or cast a meteor or something on him, can you? My cousin said you can't. That's devastating to the gameplay.
---
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png
#60HenryKazukaPosted 8/20/2014 11:04:52 AM
JKatarn posted...
GunmaN1905 posted...
Lol @ people playing it with a controller.
Lol @ people thinking it can't be played with a controller on PC.

Lol at thinking using some mouse+keyboard emulation software on PC means Diablo 3 is at all playable/intuitive on a controller on PC vs. the console versions where they specifically designed the UI/controls/targetting etc. around the controllers.

Relevant: http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/11/5091720/diablo-3-pc-controller-support
"It's a bigger issue than just allowing players to use the controller on the PC," Berger said. "Because if I let you use the controller on the PC, then I have to let you use the user interface that goes with it, and if I give you the roll and I haven't throttled the number of enemies attacking you because the mouse-and-keyboard players can handle all those enemies, but with a controller you have too many guys ... The games have really been structured to take advantage of their environment and their ecosystem, so in the same way it would not be a good fit to put a mouse and keyboard on the console. It wouldn't work."

---
Hard work may pay in the long run, but laziness always pays off right now!