This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Diablo III PC vs Console Thoughts

#61JKatarnPosted 8/20/2014 11:33:20 AM
a687947 posted...
SampsonM posted...
pothocket posted...
ZiggiStardust posted...
Playing on PS4 myself. Loving the controller setup. I played through the PC version once and had a blast, but I'm really digging these improved controls.

Yeah, weird how a device design for games is better at playing games than a device designed for creating spreadsheets. Who would have thought?

Eh.

Mouse+keyboard is objectively better for FPS. And good luck playing RTS with a controller.

Different control schemes favor different genres. Even a touch screen is superior for certain types of games.

I'm competitive in every FPS i play on PC with a controller and RTS games are incredibly easy with a controller as well

So much misinformation in this post I don't know where to start, oh yes, you are 100% undeniably wrong and anyone with any moderate experience with those two genres on PC can tell you why.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#62SampsonM(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2014 11:58:43 AM
He's obviously trolling or being extremely sarcastic.
---
An artist is a creature driven by demons. He dont know why they choose him and hes usually too busy to wonder why.
#63RaikouenPosted 8/20/2014 12:01:17 PM
SampsonM posted...
He's obviously trolling or being extremely sarcastic.

Eh, it's plausible as input method is all depending on preference.

I wouldn't say I'm competitive, but I'd much rather have the fluid movement that a controller's analog stick offers than the precision aiming a mouse offers, which is why I use a controller when playing shooters.
#64Lemur_HPosted 8/20/2014 12:01:24 PM
I tried to play Tiberium Wars on the 360.

AI was always dominant. All actions were instant. A controller is too much of a bottleneck.
#65Worknofun370Posted 8/20/2014 12:05:38 PM
Raikouen posted...

Not the RTS line.
---
hasa diga eebowai
#66RaikouenPosted 8/20/2014 12:09:58 PM
Worknofun370 posted...
Raikouen posted...

Not the RTS line.

Again, it may be preference for them.

I personally found it easier to learn how to play games like The Sims, Sim City, Command and Conquer, etc on a controller but I do still prefer the K/M setup for those games anyways. Maybe he just prefers the simplicity a controller offers rather than extra precision?
#67Worknofun370Posted 8/20/2014 12:12:58 PM
Raikouen posted...
Again, it may be preference for them.

What current RTS game is it plausible to use a controller on for the PC?
---
hasa diga eebowai
#68KURRUPTORPosted 8/20/2014 12:18:28 PM
Worknofun370 posted...
Raikouen posted...

Not the RTS line.

There was a diamond ranked sc2 player that used a controller. He custom mapped it of course but still, obviously it can be effective.

There was a na pro (I want to say grubby) that only averaged like 70apm which would be doable with a controller.

I mean you aren't going to go pro if you use a controller but you can still be competitive amongst the good players of the game.

And D3 is extremely simple compared to sc2. Sure you can probably clear your dungeons faster with Kb/m but that doesn't really make the game any more fun at the end of the day.

I just feel like they dumbed the game down so much why not just finish it off and give is the console version which is actually fun for what it is (which isn't really a d2 sequel but I digress).

Also they need to cut the price. I can't believe how many people bought an arpg for sixty dollars in this day and age.
---
Drugs are never the answer, unless the question is what isn't the answer.
#69Worknofun370Posted 8/20/2014 12:23:59 PM(edited)
KURRUPTOR posted...
There was a diamond ranked sc2 player that used a controller. He custom mapped it of course but still, obviously it can be effective.

You can't get into Diamond by using custom maps.

EDIT: I feel the need to point out you can't get any ladder rank doing custom maps.

KURRUPTOR posted...
There was a na pro (I want to say grubby) that only averaged like 70apm which would be doable with a controller.

Grubby isn't NA, and I haven't heard about this at all.
---
hasa diga eebowai
#70Lemur_HPosted 8/20/2014 12:25:44 PM
Custom maps or keybinding/controller emulation?

I'm lost.