This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Diablo III PC vs Console Thoughts

#71Worknofun370Posted 8/20/2014 1:27:06 PM(edited)
Lemur_H posted...
Custom maps or keybinding/controller emulation?

I'm lost.

Ahh didn't take it that way at all haha. That one makes far more sense. Would still like to see some evidence of that. Gotta assume he was just cheesing to get there.
---
hasa diga eebowai
#72Edavy89Posted 8/20/2014 1:34:32 PM
Seems pretty obvious kurruptor was talking about the controller. I mean, he does say "custom mapped IT", there is nothing else contextually that "it" could stand for.
#73anonymous46773Posted 8/20/2014 1:44:58 PM
Edavy89 posted...
Seems pretty obvious kurruptor was talking about the controller. I mean, he does say "custom mapped IT", there is nothing else contextually that "it" could stand for.

I can understand though if he just read it really fast.

And also about Warcraft 3, like what was said, balancing issues aside, the game was completely playable. Diablo 3... wasn't. Also, D3 review, because relevance, and saves me time by not having to type a lot of this stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJrGSK76tu4

The game is mostly okay now (talking about the PC version), but not great by any means. Still decent in its own right, though.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#74KURRUPTORPosted 8/20/2014 1:51:14 PM(edited)
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft-2/399318-playing-starcraft-2-with-the-xbox360-controller

Guess he got past diamond even. Not sure if he still streams but I and many others have seen him doing it and you can tell by the way he does things that he is indeed using a controller (plus he has a webcam too).

And yes he custom mapped his controller to work with the game, obviously he is playing on the ladder with whatever official maps are in rotation.

And in case he doesn't stream anymore, no he wasn't a cheeser. All the times I watched him he played legit games. I'm not saying he never cheesed but it definitely was not common.

As far as the low apm pro goes maybe it want grubby that was just the name that popped into my head.
---
Drugs are never the answer, unless the question is what isn't the answer.
#75Worknofun370Posted 8/20/2014 1:50:45 PM
KURRUPTOR posted...
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft-2/399318-playing-starcraft-2-with-the-xbox360-controller

Guess he got past diamond even. Not sure if he still streams but I and many others have seen him doing it and you can tell by the way he does things that he is indeed using a controller (plus he has a webcam too).

That's freaking impressive. I never would have imagined that one.
---
hasa diga eebowai
#76KURRUPTORPosted 8/20/2014 1:52:38 PM
Worknofun370 posted...
KURRUPTOR posted...

That's freaking impressive. I never would have imagined that one.

I wouldn't have believed it without seeing it either lol.
---
Drugs are never the answer, unless the question is what isn't the answer.
#77turtlebeach21Posted 8/20/2014 2:21:51 PM
Worknofun370 posted...
a687947 posted...
I'm competitive in every FPS i play on PC with a controller and RTS games are incredibly easy with a controller as well

RTS incredibly easy with a controller? hahahaha Sure thing slugger.

I'm also sure you're very, very competitive in those FPS games too. Totally believe that.
Lol this guy isnt competitive at all. Plug in your controller on a FPS I can guarantee I will absolutely ******* own you so hard youll wish you used that mouse and keyboard
#78BuyersRemorse55Posted 8/20/2014 4:43:44 PM
Man PC gamers sure like to over dramatize controller use.

Yes its easier to aim with a mouse hands down. Everything else is easier on a controller, movement, reloading, nade chucking, extra abilities like borderlands powers.

Also RTS are very playable with controllers all though I do think a mouse its easier still and more effciant over all.

I game like Diablo is also easily played on controllers.

Really just about any game can be enjoyed with a controller except like 4X games.
#79SinfullyvannilaPosted 8/20/2014 6:04:00 PM(edited)
They made pretty much only good decisions for the consoles. My only issue with the controller is that teleport style skills aren't nearly as precise, but there are a number of advantages to a controller. Layout and design, normal movement works much better, plus the target icon is really nice for figuring out what to focus fire.
---
Yes, said game is worth $5. {3DS Friend Code 3050-7626-8586}
#80SinfullyvannilaPosted 8/20/2014 5:57:44 PM
BuyersRemorse55 posted...
Man PC gamers sure like to over dramatize controller use.

Yes its easier to aim with a mouse hands down. Everything else is easier on a controller, movement, reloading, nade chucking, extra abilities like borderlands powers.

Also RTS are very playable with controllers all though I do think a mouse its easier still and more effciant over all.

I game like Diablo is also easily played on controllers.

Really just about any game can be enjoyed with a controller except like 4X games.

No reason 4X games can't use a controller. From a control standpoint, they control pretty much exactly like SRPGs.
---
Yes, said game is worth $5. {3DS Friend Code 3050-7626-8586}