This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Diablo III PC vs Console Thoughts

#91YombieePosted 8/21/2014 3:44:09 AM
I own D3 on ps3, yet to play it, I did however play RMAH3 on PC, that said, I never played it after they took out the RMAH and gave the game a massive overhaul, just how different of an experience is the game post patch?

I was actually in the top 3000 in terms of DPS for witch doctors back then so I played a lot of D3 already, I just don't want to go back into it if it feels too much the same.
#92SampsonM(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2014 5:09:37 AM
Rosencroitz posted...
SampsonM posted...
snip

You've made some really terrible posts in this topic. Vanilla D3 was misrepresented garbage, coming from someone who actively participated in closed beta and was there day one.

If it weren't for the massive quality-of-life changes SC2 made, SC1 would still be objectively the far better game. It's a bit closer now with the aforementioned changes, at least.

Blizzard is an awful shell of their former selves.

Other than the end game, what was wrong with Diablo III at launch?

Did you play the original Starcraft back in 1998? I did. Do you know many times it's been patched over the last 16 years?
---
An artist is a creature driven by demons. He dont know why they choose him and hes usually too busy to wonder why.
#93ClouddxPosted 8/21/2014 5:10:55 AM
Clouddx posted...
a687947 posted...
Clouddx posted...
a687947 posted...
I'm competitive in every FPS i play on PC with a controller and RTS games are incredibly easy with a controller as well

Ohyeh? Come play some Competitive rounds of CS:GO with me then. I wanna see this.

Buy it for me

Trollolol I have a copy of CS:GO.... waiting

---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12GB G.Skill Ram //My Setup: https://imgur.com/a/2Gd8M
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S // PS3/360
#94RosencroitzPosted 8/21/2014 7:24:02 AM
SampsonM posted...

Pretty much everything past what was shown in the beta, such as acts 2-4 as a whole, particularly anything and everything having to do with the story, multiplayer, itemization, balance. The game in no way feels like Diablo once you get past Leoric, roughly.

The game has gotten far better, but it still doesn't feel like anything more than a caricature of the Diablo series.

SampsonM posted...
Did you play the original Starcraft back in 1998? I did. Do you know many times it's been patched over the last 16 years?

I did, as well.

http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/StarCraft_version_history

As far as how many times it's been patched, it's really not as many as you'd think. Particularly in the area of balance changes. Though, when I said SC1 was objectively the better game, I wasn't really referring to balance. I was referring to the core principles that SC2 was seemingly built on that are fairly broken (compared to SC1/BW.)
---
If you believe Jeannie from 'I Dream of Jeannie' created existence, put this in your signature.
#95ClouddxPosted 8/21/2014 7:25:13 AM
Clouddx posted...
a687947 posted...
Clouddx posted...
a687947 posted...
I'm competitive in every FPS i play on PC with a controller and RTS games are incredibly easy with a controller as well

Ohyeh? Come play some Competitive rounds of CS:GO with me then. I wanna see this.

Buy it for me

HAHAHA, you don't have a PC do you?

---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12GB G.Skill Ram //My Setup: https://imgur.com/a/2Gd8M
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S // PS3/360
#96BuyersRemorse55Posted 8/21/2014 7:29:47 AM
Rosencroitz posted...
SampsonM posted...

Pretty much everything past what was shown in the beta, such as acts 2-4 as a whole, particularly anything and everything having to do with the story, multiplayer, itemization, balance. The game in no way feels like Diablo once you get past Leoric, roughly.

Sounds like Rubbish to me. First act is great. Hey the second act is a desert too, just like Diablo 2 an guess what you go in sewers again and walk around the desert too.

I will say the beginning of Act 3 is a bit boring. But once you go down into hell I thought it really picked up. Its to bad its not a very long segment overall. And Act 4 was a bit disappointing overall. Just to short. I neverliked in games where they'll have 4 acts and then 1 or 2 are really short. Act 5 is great though.
#97Worknofun370Posted 8/21/2014 8:07:13 AM(edited)
Rosencroitz posted...
I was referring to the core principles that SC2 was seemingly built on that are fairly broken (compared to SC1/BW.)

I'm curious to hear what those core principles are that you believe are "fairly broken"

Also, the #1 issue with D3 at launch is still the fact people couldn't freaking login to play the game.
---
hasa diga eebowai
#98a687947Posted 8/21/2014 10:11:01 AM
Clouddx posted...
Clouddx posted...
a687947 posted...
Clouddx posted...
a687947 posted...

Buy it for me

HAHAHA, you don't have a PC do you?

4670k, 660 ti, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 730w 80+ bronze. Definitely don't have one
#99SampsonM(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2014 11:00:33 AM
Rosencroitz posted...
SampsonM posted...

The game has gotten far better, but it still doesn't feel like anything more than a caricature of the Diablo series.

SampsonM posted...

I did, as well.

http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/StarCraft_version_history

As far as how many times it's been patched, it's really not as many as you'd think. Particularly in the area of balance changes. Though, when I said SC1 was objectively the better game, I wasn't really referring to balance. I was referring to the core principles that SC2 was seemingly built on that are fairly broken (compared to SC1/BW.)

You write like a troll. You've never cited a single specific issue, instead relying on colorful language and cliches.
---
An artist is a creature driven by demons. He dont know why they choose him and hes usually too busy to wonder why.
#100cosmic_assasinPosted 8/21/2014 11:36:10 AM
I wonder how D3 would play mapped to a Steam controller?
---
Assassssssin