This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Am I the only one not trusting laptop much?

#1nitedawgPosted 8/20/2014 5:04:53 AM
I know so many people having problem with a wide variety of laptop brands from samsung, toshiba, sony and asus (myself) just to name a few. Everyone I know that have Apple product are more than happy and have no problem wathsoever.

BTW I have a desktop computer which I'm more than happy with and I trust that beast, but now I need a laptop... Since I have no confidence in them windows-based PC, should I make the switch?

Anyone in the same situation?
#2nitedawg(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2014 5:06:06 AM
Btw, I trust Dell, my gf have one of these for about 8 years now and its still doing ok. I'm amazed by it.
#3GunmaN1905Posted 8/20/2014 5:14:28 AM
I've literally never owned a laptop and unless some of my future jobs require me to, I probably never will.

Only thing it's good for is portability during work, imo.
#4phy2jshPosted 8/20/2014 5:21:02 AM
Yes, of course you should switch to Apple based on a handful anecdotal reports.
#5phy2jshPosted 8/20/2014 5:25:52 AM
nitedawg posted...
Btw, I trust Dell, my gf have one of these for about 8 years now and its still doing ok. I'm amazed by it.

Ah, clearly Dell are infallible due to this single example, so why not just go with them?
#6ClashtonnPosted 8/20/2014 5:30:11 AM
Windows desktop with an apple laptop is the best.

OSX isn't a better OS, but macbook air is the best laptop I've ever owned, or used. And I've had quite a few. Great keyboard, great trackpad, light, great battery, very portable, nice screen. It's just about perfect.

But my desktop will always be windows. Mostly for gaming, and partly because, well, I'd rather build my own.

It's nice having both since I'm a developer, as well. So I can test scripts and programs from both environments.
---
i5 somethingK | GTX 660TI and some letters | Like 8 rams or something| Really Big HDD | Kind of small SDD
#7nitedawg(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2014 5:44:56 AM
Thank you Clashtonn for your informations. How is the compatibilty between the two? Documents and what not?

BTW phy2jsh, your commentaries were useless. Try to do something useful with your life. Remember that you are not forced to answer to any topic or to be here in the first place.
#8Fade2black001Posted 8/20/2014 5:53:47 AM
Just put Windows on the mac...
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#9phy2jshPosted 8/20/2014 6:52:14 AM
nitedawg posted...
Thank you Clashtonn for your informations. How is the compatibilty between the two? Documents and what not?

BTW phy2jsh, your commentaries were useless. Try to do something useful with your life. Remember that you are not forced to answer to any topic or to be here in the first place.

Maybe I was trying to point out some flaws in your apparent logic. Here is my experience (which I'm sure will be more useful): every Apple product I have ever owned has developed a fatal fault within the first 12 months.
#10-5xad0w-Posted 8/20/2014 6:53:18 AM
Laptop stole my bike.
---
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven