This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Am I the only one not trusting laptop much?

#11ClashtonnPosted 8/20/2014 6:58:01 AM
nitedawg posted...
Thank you Clashtonn for your informations. How is the compatibilty between the two? Documents and what not?

BTW phy2jsh, your commentaries were useless. Try to do something useful with your life. Remember that you are not forced to answer to any topic or to be here in the first place.

Documents? Fine I guess. I don't know what you mean. You can get Microsoft Office on both and the file extensions are the same, if that's what you mean.

The only think I'm really disappointed with on OSX is that I can't run winSCP. Literally every FTP program on mac sucks in comparison.
---
i5 somethingK | GTX 660TI and some letters | Like 8 rams or something| Really Big HDD | Kind of small SDD
#12nitedawg(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2014 7:01:33 AM
phy2jsh posted...
nitedawg posted...
Thank you Clashtonn for your informations. How is the compatibilty between the two? Documents and what not?

BTW phy2jsh, your commentaries were useless. Try to do something useful with your life. Remember that you are not forced to answer to any topic or to be here in the first place.

Maybe I was trying to point out some flaws in your apparent logic. Here is my experience (which I'm sure will be more useful): every Apple product I have ever owned has developed a fatal fault within the first 12 months.

Of course, I'm not basing my opinion solely on my personal experiences, that's why I'm here. Anyway thank you for posting something more worthwhile but for the record: What product have you had? Was it recently or a long time ago? What did you do with it for it to happen (your guess) or simply was it faulty?

Thank you.
#13nitedawg(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2014 7:04:23 AM
Clashtonn posted...
nitedawg posted...

Documents? Fine I guess. I don't know what you mean. You can get Microsoft Office on both and the file extensions are the same, if that's what you mean.

The only think I'm really disappointed with on OSX is that I can't run winSCP. Literally every FTP program on mac sucks in comparison.

If I happen to get a mac, i don't plan to get office. So I'll clarify my question. How is the compatibility is between Apple's Pages and Microsft's Word, and maybe LibreOffice's Writer.

Thank you.
#14ShubPosted 8/20/2014 7:05:10 AM
I haven't used WinSCP in a long, long time so I don't pretend to remember anything about it -- I've used FileZilla for years and it does the job in Windows. In Mac OS X, I use Cyberduck because it supports a wildly wide number of connections. I initially got it because it supports Amazon S3, but it's a fine client for FTP/SFTP. But I'm just as likely to use the CLI for my daily needs.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#15Bellum_SacrumPosted 8/20/2014 7:06:08 AM
When it comes to laptops, only two things matter.

~ Whether the Left Ctrl key is in the right place.
~ How good their technical support is, in your country.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#16Orestes417Posted 8/20/2014 7:07:49 AM
Bellum_Sacrum posted...
When it comes to laptops, only two things matter.

~ Whether the Left Ctrl key is in the right place.
~ How good their technical support is, in your country.

Forgot battery life, weight and battery life.
---
Your problem is you've spent your whole life thinking there are rules. There aren't. We used to be gorillas.
#17ShubPosted 8/20/2014 7:08:02 AM
nitedawg posted...
If I happen to get a mac, i don't plan to get office. So I'll clarify my question. How is the compatibility is between Apple's Pages and Microsft's Word, and maybe LibreOffice's Writer.

Even though Pages by itself is an OK product, I do not recommend it if you ever plan on sharing documents with anyone who does not also have Pages.
So if you don't want to buy Office, which I understand, then use LibreOffice.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#18LvthnPosted 8/20/2014 7:08:21 AM
If you're considering buying an Apple for general purpose use then you really ought to buy a Lenovo and mail the savings to me, we'd both be happier.
#19ClashtonnPosted 8/20/2014 7:09:11 AM
Shub posted...
I haven't used WinSCP in a long, long time so I don't pretend to remember anything about it -- I've used FileZilla for years and it does the job in Windows. In Mac OS X, I use Cyberduck because it supports a wildly wide number of connections. I initially got it because it supports Amazon S3, but it's a fine client for FTP/SFTP. But I'm just as likely to use the CLI for my daily needs.

Cyberduck is really slow for me. I'm not sure why. And I'm really not a fan of using the command line.

I have FileZilla on my mac for large transfers since it's so much faster than cyberduck, and I use cyberduck for smaller things. But winSCP is just so much better than both.
---
i5 somethingK | GTX 660TI and some letters | Like 8 rams or something| Really Big HDD | Kind of small SDD
#20ClashtonnPosted 8/20/2014 7:10:22 AM
nitedawg posted...
Clashtonn posted...
nitedawg posted...

Thank you.

Not a clue. I don't use Pages or LibreOffice. Maybe google it. I know .doc functions better with googledocs now than it used to, but I haven't messed around with it too much. I just use word.
---