This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What would be a good RTS game for me?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What would be a good RTS game for me?
10 months ago#31
The only correct answer is Warcraft 3. Honestly the best RTS ever IMO. I still play ladder games to this day 11/12 years after its release. You can probably get the battlechest for less than $20. Pick that up IMO, and I'll play with you.

Plus, the custom games make the game endless
---
XBL GT= illidan z PSN = HaganJR
Steam = mhagan1986 Origin = HaganJR
10 months ago#32
In SC2, if you want to play multiplayer all you need to do is use the "spawning pool" feature and party up with someone who owns the game. Have you decided which race you want to play yet? Terran, Zerg or Protoss?
---
Attack Jet - Division 1 (World) | Fighter Jet - Division 1 (World)
Fighter Jet - Division 1 (Toronto), Rank #5
(edited 0 seconds ago)
10 months ago#33
Clashtonn posted...
Then yeah, get Starcraft 2.

I think you can play a bunch of it for free anyway.

All SC2 multiplayer is free
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
10 months ago#34
I know you said you didn't want anything "real-life", but C&C generals as well as the red alert 3 was amazing.

Also: Sins of a Solar Empire
10 months ago#35
Fade2black001 posted...
All SC2 multiplayer is free

I thought just the arcade is free. I don't think it's free to play on Ladder and such.
---
hasa diga eebowai
10 months ago#36
Worknofun370 posted...
MarceloSampaio posted...
This makes me sad though... There's a VERY small chance we'll ever see a Warcraft 4, specially now that Blizzy pissed on the Warcraft lore...

There was another topic on WC4. I don't see any reason what so ever why it won't happen at some point. Won't be soon, but it will without question happen.

Lore is all pulled out of thin air anyways, so that won't really impact anything in anyway.

There are a few reasons why have a very, very low chance of seeing a WC4.

1. Blizzard already owns a current RTS property, Starcraft, and probably doesn't want to compete with itself.
2. The RTS genre has been in decline for years, do in no small part to the rise of MOBAs. (also a big reason we're seeing Heroes of the Storm instead)
3. Lore has already been established in WoW. They may also not want to potentially draw people from WoW to play WC4.

It's a shame. If by chance they ever did announce it, I'd probably buy it the second I could. WC3 was one of my favorite games of all time.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
10 months ago#37
anonymous46773 posted...
There are a few reasons why have a very, very low chance of seeing a WC4.

1. Blizzard already owns a current RTS property, Starcraft, and probably doesn't want to compete with itself.
2. The RTS genre has been in decline for years, do in no small part to the rise of MOBAs. (also a big reason we're seeing Heroes of the Storm instead)
3. Lore has already been established in WoW. They may also not want to potentially draw people from WoW to play WC4.

1.) This is one of the reasons why I said "It won't be soon." You still have Legacy of the Void to come out, then another 4-5+ years until I would expect a WC4 announcement, then a few more years until release. I think in the other topic an over/under of 2020 was pretty accurate.

2.) This is true, but I honestly don't think that's going to be a large factor for Blizzard. It's not really like ARPGs were doing amazing when D3 was announced.

3.) I'm not expecting WC4 to come out while WoW is still being actively developed and worked on. I actually expect that to happen kinda soonish.
---
hasa diga eebowai
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What would be a good RTS game for me?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived