This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Virtual Waifu technology creeps ever forward.

#21-5xad0w-(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2014 12:01:38 PM
Since the controller has become a topic of discussion, here is a SFW picture:

http://visualnovelaer.fuwanovel.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/vrjuc.jpg

Notice that it seems to have actual buttons so it might be possible to pwn n00bs at CoD with that thing.
---
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven
#22SinisterSlayPosted 8/20/2014 12:01:45 PM
-5xad0w- posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
-5xad0w- posted...
I'm probably gonna try it out tonight or tomorrow. (i have a DK1 as well as a TriDef license)

I'm curious how much depth their is as it's kind of hit or miss with games that are retrofitted.

Skyrim for example really pops out when set up right (summoning the zombie dragon point blank actually made me lean back as he turned to look at me) while ArmaA III (a game i was excited to fly around in) is noticeably flat.

For science of course.

Did you use the third person body mod for skyrim?
I find it helps immersion even without rift.

Nah. Never actually tried that one. (VR or otherwise)

Most the mods I use are either environment or NPC graphical improvements. (and unofficial patches and usability mods)

I never really did much in terms of mods that affect my character directly.

I can send you the link when I get home. Last I heard rift users thought it felt disconnected when they couldn't see their own bodies and I think that would solve it.
It also gives you the correct shadow of your character and their movements when in first person. It also lets you do everything else in first person like ride a horse or dragon, smith items, crafting, enchanting, etc. And when you get killed you stay in first person and go tumbling if you have the no death spin mod.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#23Bellum_SacrumPosted 8/20/2014 12:03:34 PM
Never forget gentlemen, the first demo that came out when the Kinect SDK came out for PC was a 3DSexVilla mod that allowed you to grope virtual breasts.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#24SinisterSlayPosted 8/20/2014 12:04:19 PM
Bellum_Sacrum posted...
Never forget gentlemen, the first demo that came out when the Kinect SDK came out for PC was a 3DSexVilla mod that allowed you to grope virtual breasts.

First physics engine was made to give bewbs a jiggle.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#25Dr_keithPosted 8/20/2014 12:10:43 PM
-5xad0w- posted...
I'm probably gonna try it out tonight or tomorrow. (i have a DK1 as well as a TriDef license)

I'm curious how much depth their is as it's kind of hit or miss with games that are retrofitted.

Skyrim for example really pops out when set up right (summoning the zombie dragon point blank actually made me lean back as he turned to look at me) while ArmaA III (a game i was excited to fly around in) is noticeably flat.

For science of course.

Don't forget to put a tarp down.
---
If you're worse than me: You're a n00b.
If you're better than me: You're a hacker.
#26JKatarnPosted 8/20/2014 12:17:54 PM
*thinks about the type of people who would buy this complete setup and use it....vomits....image won't leave brain....vomits again*
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#27kblaze13Posted 8/20/2014 12:22:44 PM
-5xad0w- posted...
Notice that it seems to have actual buttons so it might be possible to pwn n00bs at CoD with that thing.

oh man could you just imagine...I just pwnd youz with a wang controllorz
---
Iightningz posted...
I hate Lightning.
#28SpazH3dPosted 8/20/2014 12:27:19 PM(edited)
-5xad0w- posted...
Since the controller has become a topic of discussion, here is a SFW picture:

http://visualnovelaer.fuwanovel.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/vrjuc.jpg

That's the wang controller, and it's hollow? That thing is like 10 cm. And why does it has to be a loli cat girl. Ay caramba!
---
- My vision is augmented
#29Lemur_HPosted 8/20/2014 12:25:51 PM
The games usually let you customize the girl. Doesn't have to be a cat girl.

But it will always end up looking loli.
#30-5xad0w-(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2014 12:29:04 PM
Lemur_H posted...
The games usually let you customize the girl. Doesn't have to be a cat girl.

But it will always end up looking loli.

The game is called Custom Maid 3D, so yeah, you literally design your Waifu.

Actually, pretty much all 3D games like this allow you to customize the characters as opposed to just saddling (bow-chica-wow-wow) you with some pre-mades.
---
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven