This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Game developer in bed with gaming journalist. PART 3

#21KillerTrufflePosted 8/20/2014 10:41:39 AM
"One topic" isn't keeping it from being spread all over other topics anyway. Poor excuse. I think it's pretty ridiculous people are *this* worked up over it. Yeah, she was stupid, yeah, it's shady, but it's also nothing that hasn't happened before. It's fine to be upset about it, but why the hell is this worth being more upset about than any of the other instances?

Oh yeah. Sex.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#22TreeFiddy93(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2014 10:43:20 AM
KillerTruffle posted...
"One topic" isn't keeping it from being spread all over other topics anyway. Poor excuse. I think it's pretty ridiculous people are *this* worked up over it. Yeah, she was stupid, yeah, it's shady, but it's also nothing that hasn't happened before. It's fine to be upset about it, but why the hell is this worth being more upset about than any of the other instances?

Oh yeah. Sex.

I'm not upset about anything, this is hilarious. It's like people have never experienced a sex scandal before.
---
The only thing that burns in Hell is the part of you that won't let go of life.
#23SlyCooper23Posted 8/20/2014 10:44:22 AM
KillerTruffle posted...

Oh yeah. Sex.

Because people attacked her, all she's going to have to say is "they're just sexist" and she'll be cleared of any wrongdoing. She's horribly hypocritical and faked being "hacked" by 4chan to get supporters on her side. She's making money from a terrible game which she literally had to **** people to get them to approve of it.
---
"We're not tools of the government or anyone else, fighting was the only thing I was good at, but at least I always fought for what I believed in''
#24KillerTrufflePosted 8/20/2014 10:49:34 AM
SlyCooper23 posted...
Because people attacked her, all she's going to have to say is "they're just sexist" and she'll be cleared of any wrongdoing. She's horribly hypocritical and faked being "hacked" by 4chan to get supporters on her side. She's making money from a terrible game which she literally had to **** people to get them to approve of it.

Except that is categorically untrue. Sure, a few vocal people might defend her based on that and make her support seem bigger than it is, but people aren't just going to say "oh, OK, you're good."

What people WILL do is the same thing they do about any scandal - forget about it and go on with life. And your "had to **** people to get them to approve" goes a little far too, considering the journalists she sexed didn't even really promote her game (at least not in any official journalistic capacity).

She did some stupid things, but so do tons of people. Is she a good person? Of course not. But this is one of the craziest overreactions I've seen in a pretty long time.
---
#25koujimorenoPosted 8/20/2014 10:51:08 AM
Any new updates?
#26Lemur_HPosted 8/20/2014 10:51:34 AM
At least she didn't kidnap people and hold them against their will for years before ultimately cutting their heads off.

There are much more pressing matters in today's world.

Like the new Blizzard MMO. I WANNA SEE IT.
#27ShadowThaReaperPosted 8/20/2014 10:51:57 AM
koujimoreno posted...
Any new updates?

Just people pretending that certain things didn't happen, like Zoe bullying and harassing a community of depressed people, doxxing and ruining a game jam for women, and lying about being doxxed by /v/.
#28pothocketPosted 8/20/2014 10:53:12 AM
Yes, sex and tabloid sleeze was the linchpin for all this, but people have been upset with the crappy state of gaming "journalism" for a long time. This is the first time, though, that enough people have been upset about it at the same time that something might actually get done. So yeah, I'm not surprised people are continuing to snowball this as far as it will go and cause as much damage as possible.

These people aren't journalist. They have no accountability. They will accept favors. It's a 'good-ol'-boys' network that has built up into something large enough that they can push away outsiders that aren't willing to play ball, whether they be indie devs or other journalist.

It's a toxic environment that has being growing for awhile and it was only a matter of time until it blew up in their faces. Zoegate just happens to be the story that pulled the pin.
---
http://i.imgur.com/aBZ2Gww.gif http://i.imgur.com/HnzWmt3.gif
#29KillerTrufflePosted 8/20/2014 10:53:45 AM
Lemur_H posted...
At least she didn't kidnap people and hold them against their will for years before ultimately cutting their heads off.

There are much more pressing matters in today's world.

Like the new Blizzard MMO. I WANNA SEE IT.

Sounds like... Blizzard went a little bit too far in thematic research for Diablo? >_>
---
#30koujimorenoPosted 8/20/2014 10:55:20 AM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
koujimoreno posted...
Any new updates?

Just people pretending that certain things didn't happen, like Zoe bullying and harassing a community of depressed people, doxxing and ruining a game jam for women, and lying about being doxxed by /v/.

Yeah but that was happening from the start. I honestly don't care about the whole sex part, it's the press and the wizardchan thing I care about. Also I'm interested in what happened to the guy with the wife, does that mean his job is done?