This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Game developer in bed with gaming journalist. PART 3

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Game developer in bed with gaming journalist. PART 3
10 months ago#41
Sorry for talking about video games in a video game forum.

I'll just go back to talking about some slut's sex life. That's on-topic, right?
10 months ago#42
Lemur_H posted...

I'll just go back to talking about some slut's sex life. That's on-topic, right?

It's more so about journalism and gaming websites than actual video games
---
Master of LNI: http://i.imgur.com/mVDzwJk.png http://i.imgur.com/0KVcj4O.png
Shrek is Love. Shrek is Life. In truth, I always upvote Shrek. Plz don't block me.
10 months ago#43
YomonachiX posted...
Lemur_H posted...

But we all know why it is blowing up this much...
10 months ago#44
Lemur_H posted...
YomonachiX posted...
Lemur_H posted...

Because she's making money from a game that was falsely promoted by people she bribed with sex and is continually getting anybody who posts anything negative about the game on public forums deleted/banned?
---
"We're not tools of the government or anyone else, fighting was the only thing I was good at, but at least I always fought for what I believed in''
(edited 0 seconds ago)
10 months ago#45
Lemur_H posted...
YomonachiX posted...
Lemur_H posted...

Bazooka_Penguin posted...
Richardthe3rd posted...
Ok, then I'll ask a different question, because this is one I truly believe is relevant.

What's the difference between reviews from the likes of EA/Activision on sites like Gamespot, whose independence is most certainly in question via the paid advertising on Gamespot for their own products, and a woman opening her legs to reviewers and journalists?

The answer, I suspect, is very little aside from scope, which is the correct answer.

Yet in the face of the mega-conglomerates, it's just a given fact that this happens in the industry. So in large scale corruption/independence issues, it's just tolerated or at least expected, but in smaller cases it's an absolutely horrifying indictment of the entire industry.

Thats the double standard for me; the scope and reactions don't match here, and while I understand there are supplementary issues at play, the only difference is that in the larger AAA case they probably just do a better job of hiding them from the public.

That's not a plea to justify anything, and this chick obviously understands and is willing to sink into the mire of bribery and influence within the medium. It's just a "what the hell were you expecting" sort of response from me.

Keep in mind all the censorship crap and whatnot is ridiculous, especially if the DMCA is involved in it. I just feel like there's a huge emerging double-standard. Why not harp on ALL journalistic integrity for the entire industry instead of this laser focus on a seemingly tiny issue. Is it because the community really feels that helpless in light of the major mega publishers influence?

Your entire argument is bogus. There is no double standard pro large corporations. When Watch Dogs came out? ****storm. When Simcity turned out to be garbage? ****storm. When Bioware started banning their forumgoers? ****storm. When youtube and media corporations started hitting video game channels with DMCA take downs? Absolute hell. In fact, I'd say a good portion of this board actively boycotted the likes of Kotaku, Escapist, etc. prior to this incident.

The only difference is that with this incident, not only did Quinn sell sex for favors, she also exploited and lynched a mostly innocent chan full of suicidal virgins, she exploited and bullied a game jam producer, and bullied several others. And now nearly a dozen major media sites - including Reddit and 4chan - are jumping to her aid by rampantly banning users and censoring and suppressing nearly all discussion about the topic. There is no double standard, and you're right, the scope and reactions don't match. There should be a much bigger reaction to this given how far reaching this incident has proven to be.

Censorship of this scale never happens when large corporations are involved. On the contrary, sites like gfaqs, reddit, and 4chan facilitate and encourage people to discuss corporate screw ups, but when some "indie dev" turns out to be a vile piece of scum sites like those are ready to defend her at any cost. The real double standard is with people like you and those in power at places like Kotaku, escapist, etc.

---
Master of LNI: http://i.imgur.com/mVDzwJk.png http://i.imgur.com/0KVcj4O.png
Shrek is Love. Shrek is Life. In truth, I always upvote Shrek. Plz don't block me.
10 months ago#46
YomonachiX posted...

So can you link to any article that was written by one of the guys she banged, which promoted her or her game?

I'm not saying nepotism doesn't exist in gaming journalism, but I have yet to see a shred of evidence that her "relationships" (if you wanna call ****ing every guy who looks at her sideways relationships) actually were connected to anything those guys wrote about her.

If you can't provide a link, don't pretend it's all about the journalism issue. There's nothing wrong with a journalist having a relationship with someone working in the field they cover as long as it doesn't color their journalism.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
(edited 0 seconds ago)
10 months ago#47
Well, since people decided to be clever and split this into two topics, I'll repost the most important bit:

Rosencroitz posted...
I know I'm sounding like a broken record, but for the front page:

It's a shame that what are probably the two biggest issues (behind the censorship issue, arguably) are the ones getting the least amount of attention, that is:

1: She caused an entire community to get harassed by her groupies, and caused the probable suicide of one of its members.

2: She sexually harassed someone and then bullied them until it was redacted.

---
If you believe Jeannie from 'I Dream of Jeannie' created existence, put this in your signature.
10 months ago#48
Rosencroitz posted...
Well, since people decided to be clever and split this into two topics, I'll repost the most important bit:

Because of who created the other topic, a whole lot of people on this board can't even see it.
---
10 months ago#49
KillerTruffle posted...
Rosencroitz posted...

Because of who created the other topic, a whole lot of people on this board can't even see it.

To be fair, he created the original thread and that didn't seem to stop anybody from finding it then.
---
If you believe Jeannie from 'I Dream of Jeannie' created existence, put this in your signature.
10 months ago#50
SlyCooper23 posted...
that was falsely promoted by people she bribed with sex

Still looking for that link to any sort of promotion being done by the guys she bedded.
---
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Game developer in bed with gaming journalist. PART 3

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived