This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Game developer in bed with gaming journalist. PART 3

#51KillerTrufflePosted 8/20/2014 12:16:23 PM
Rosencroitz posted...
To be fair, he created the original thread and that didn't seem to stop anybody from finding it then.

I never saw the first thread either - "part 2" was the first time I saw anything about this or realized it was becoming such a huge topic. Although this sort of sex tabloid topic is certainly par for the course, so I'm not at all surprised he's the one who started it all.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#52Tucker_BAPosted 8/20/2014 12:17:06 PM
Lemur_H posted...
YomonachiX posted...
Lemur_H posted...
Sorry for talking about video games in a video game forum.

I'll just go back to talking about some slut's sex life. That's on-topic, right?

It's more so about journalism and gaming websites than actual video games

But we all know why it is blowing up this much...

You may like Neogaf.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjD6wo9BIyM
#53RosencroitzPosted 8/20/2014 12:19:40 PM
KillerTruffle posted...
Rosencroitz posted...
To be fair, he created the original thread and that didn't seem to stop anybody from finding it then.

I never saw the first thread either - "part 2" was the first time I saw anything about this or realized it was becoming such a huge topic. Although this sort of sex tabloid topic is certainly par for the course, so I'm not at all surprised he's the one who started it all.

Eh, I made my stance known. I think on top of the two issues that I mentioned prior, the other bit that's remarkable, if not truly news-worthy, is how it's generally being handled, disregarding even the blatant censorship.
---
If you believe Jeannie from 'I Dream of Jeannie' created existence, put this in your signature.
#54KillerTrufflePosted 8/20/2014 12:24:03 PM
I think I'll keep just re-posting a request for a link to any article promoting Zoe or her game that was written by any of the guys she banged. I'd like to see actual evidence of that claim, since it's one that continually comes up as a central point, and I have yet to see a single person produce. Out of all the dozens of links getting thrown around, you'd think at least *one* of them would be ANY of the articles where they pushed to get her game Greenlit, or gave it a favorable review.

Anyone?
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#55kblaze13Posted 8/20/2014 12:27:51 PM
Rosencroitz posted...
Well, since people decided to be clever and split this into two topics, I'll repost the most important bit:

Rosencroitz posted...
I know I'm sounding like a broken record, but for the front page:

It's a shame that what are probably the two biggest issues (behind the censorship issue, arguably) are the ones getting the least amount of attention, that is:

1: She caused an entire community to get harassed by her groupies, and caused the probable suicide of one of its members.

2: She sexually harassed someone and then bullied them until it was redacted.

lovely split into two topics...

also here's a a tidbit from Greg Tito the editor in chief at escapist, someone she didn't even allegedly sleep, with actually saying they did the first point and say there was nothing wrong with it

http://i.imgur.com/LtvgOdA.jpg
---
Iightningz posted...
I hate Lightning.
#56igniz12000Posted 8/20/2014 12:29:11 PM
Rosencroitz posted...
Well, since people decided to be clever and split this into two topics, I'll repost the most important bit:

Rosencroitz posted...

It's a shame that what are probably the two biggest issues (behind the censorship issue, arguably) are the ones getting the least amount of attention, that is:

1: She caused an entire community to get harassed by her groupies, and caused the probable suicide of one of its members.

Any proof to these allegations? Last I heard, she did sleep around with some people but none of it amounted to any favorable outcome and the issue died quickly and now I read this. Seems like unwarranted sensationalist allegations to garner support to a pointless cause that surprise, surprise only seems to matter when a female genitalia is involved.
#57Lemur_HPosted 8/20/2014 12:29:45 PM
SlyCooper23 posted...
Because she's making money from a game that was falsely promoted by people she bribed with sex and is continually getting anybody who posts anything negative about the game on public forums deleted/banned?

Let's assume that you and everyone else are 100% correct.

Okay, good. Congratulations. Does this need to go on any further?

Yes, the world SUCKS. We know. Get over it.
#58Lemur_HPosted 8/20/2014 12:30:51 PM
Tucker_BA posted...
You may like Neogaf.

Please no.
#59HighOnPhazonPosted 8/20/2014 12:31:09 PM
TreeFiddy93 posted...
Guys don't derail the topic. I get that this is kind of tabloid-ish, but it's better to consolidate in one topic than let it spread all over.

There was already a topic.

Close this
---
PC Gaming - The Only Way
i5 3570K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650
#60kblaze13Posted 8/20/2014 12:41:11 PM(edited)
igniz12000 posted...
Rosencroitz posted...

Rosencroitz posted...

Any proof to these allegations? Last I heard, she did sleep around with some people but none of it amounted to any favorable outcome and the issue died quickly and now I read this. Seems like unwarranted sensationalist allegations to garner support to a pointless cause that surprise, surprise only seems to matter when a female genitalia is involved.

http://i.imgur.com/LtvgOdA.jpg

proof to the first allegation by escapist editor in chief where he admits to defending it

this little shot here provides some more info about it.

http://imgur.com/a/4VOcx

and this...

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.858522-On-Wizardchan-and-Harassment

oh and this...

http://i.imgur.com/YoGFDkZ.png
---
Iightningz posted...
I hate Lightning.