This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can someone enlighten me?

#1DmanTeePosted 8/20/2014 11:24:31 AM
Why is it such a big deal that this game developer was in bed with a gaming journalist? One stellar review wouldn't make or break a game anyways.
#2Orestes417Posted 8/20/2014 11:26:05 AM
Credibility issues, violations of professional ethics, other various abuses the dev in question has perpetrated are also in play like the false flag harassment of an internet community.
---
Your problem is you've spent your whole life thinking there are rules. There aren't. We used to be gorillas.
#3KaiserWarriorPosted 8/20/2014 11:27:11 AM
Streisand effect. The efforts to cover it up and silence criticism is a bigger story than the event itself.
#4Worknofun370Posted 8/20/2014 11:30:51 AM(edited)
DmanTee posted...
Why is it such a big deal that this game developer was in bed with a gaming journalist? One stellar review wouldn't make or break a game anyways.

There wasn't even a positive review from all the screwing. It's amazingly blown out of proportion.
---
hasa diga eebowai
#5Orestes417Posted 8/20/2014 11:28:09 AM
KaiserWarrior posted...
Streisand effect. The efforts to cover it up and silence criticism is a bigger story than the event itself.

That too.
---
Your problem is you've spent your whole life thinking there are rules. There aren't. We used to be gorillas.
#6KillerTrufflePosted 8/20/2014 11:28:37 AM
KaiserWarrior posted...

That's a part of it, but I still think the #1 reason it's getting so much attention is sex. Phil Fish didn't even get this many 500 topics, and people were *pissed* at him too.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#7NemerlightPosted 8/20/2014 11:29:42 AM
I guess she got unlucky. Im sure there are people that did similar things but nobody find out or didnt bother to check. Either way i dont care.
---
Miami Heat not champions of 2014.
http://i.imgur.com/m52Q7Rt.gif
#8revolverPosted 8/20/2014 2:39:30 PM
Most likely the younger/virgin gaming crowd are making a big deal about it. 95% of us do not care.
---
2500K @ 4.5 | GTX 670 | 8 GB | TX 650 | 128 GB ssd | CM 690 II
#9KillerTrufflePosted 8/20/2014 2:46:43 PM
The more I read about this, and the more I look at all the "evidence" people are posting, the more clear it seems that this is just a lot of baseless nonsense blown way out of proportion. Yes, she IS a horrible person. She's a pathological liar, and she sure seems to put out for pretty much anyone who will pay her a compliment. But none of that has anything to do with gaming, and the VAST majority of the accusations against her are based on nothing more than speculation or weak circumstantial evidence at best.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#10RaikouenPosted 8/20/2014 3:19:15 PM
KillerTruffle posted...
The more I read about this, and the more I look at all the "evidence" people are posting, the more clear it seems that this is just a lot of baseless nonsense blown way out of proportion. Yes, she IS a horrible person. She's a pathological liar, and she sure seems to put out for pretty much anyone who will pay her a compliment. But none of that has anything to do with gaming, and the VAST majority of the accusations against her are based on nothing more than speculation or weak circumstantial evidence at best.

Quoted for truth.