This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Error during windows update from clean pc?

#1Betterdayz7Posted 8/20/2014 1:30:37 PM
So i just formated my PC and when installing the windows updates, the PC runs into a loop

Error during configuration of windows updates. And then something about resetting to a previous point (hard to translate).
Do not turn off PC

then after about 30mins the computer restarted and the same thing happened.... and then again. What is this and how can i avoid it?

I have a HP Easynote and i didnt have this problem before
#2SinisterSlayPosted 8/20/2014 1:31:58 PM
Next time skip the windows updates and go right to the service packs. (download the offline redistributable package from the microsoft website)
Then let it install updates.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#3Betterdayz7(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2014 1:38:05 PM
SinisterSlay posted...
Next time skip the windows updates and go right to the service packs. (download the offline redistributable package from the microsoft website)

Okay, thanks! But how do i enter windows now that its caught in this loop?
#4SinisterSlayPosted 8/20/2014 1:39:26 PM
Betterdayz7 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

Okay, thanks! But how do i enter windows now that its caught in this loop?

Do you have your install disk? Boot to recovery console and run system restore and restore to an earlier point.

Is this windows 7 or 8?
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#5Betterdayz7(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2014 1:30:38 PM
i have windows 8. I know how to enter the system restore-page from boot, so ill try that :)

Thanks for the help!! ^^
#6Betterdayz7(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2014 6:47:52 AM
It worked!! thanks man! :D this site should have a like-function ;)