This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My next upgrade

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. My next upgrade
10 months ago#1
I must say i'm new to PC gaming but so far, it's quite a blast. The numerous stuff that you can do, in addition to all the different ways to tweak games if they weren't working as intended, just amazing. IMO beats consoles, and next gen consoles by a fair amount. However, now that i'm into this stuff and learned about the PC more, there are still some things that i'm still not sure of. My PC specs are the following :

Memory : 8 gb
PSU power : 530W
Gigabyte motherboard (Not sure of what model exactly but it runs on PCI-E 2.0 slots)
Processor : Intel Core i3-3220 3.30ghz
GPU : Gtx 650 2gb

I have recently upgraded my graphic card from the weak 9800gt to the GTX 650 2gb, however, i am doing another upgrade to my rig soon and here comes the big question, What should i go for ? A better GPU or an i5 processor ? And which model number ? Thank you for your time :)
---
PSN : Afawaz96
10 months ago#2
Bump.. Y'all just too active that this post is forgotten in the first 2 minutes :S
---
10 months ago#3
i5 4670k
10 months ago#4
BeerOnTap posted...
i5 4670k

It won't bottleneck my GPU ?
---
10 months ago#5
Afawaz77 posted...
BeerOnTap posted...
i5 4670k

Your motherboard isn't compatible with 1150 socket CPUs. The i3 3220 is 1155 socket, so any of those CPUs will work. Also don't pay extra money for a K series CPU unless you plan to overclock the CPU. All the K means is unlocked for overclocking, that's it. A i5 3570 non K or i5 3470 would be a good choice.
---
Divided by night...
10 months ago#6
Yeah I think an i5 of some sort and then a better GPU next. Then youll be set for a while. The gtx 650, while better then your old card, is basically an entry level GPU.
10 months ago#7
The_Count_Foo posted...
Afawaz77 posted...
BeerOnTap posted...
i5 4670k

Your motherboard isn't compatible with 1150 socket CPUs. The i3 3220 is 1155 socket, so any of those CPUs will work. Also don't pay extra money for a K series CPU unless you plan to overclock the CPU. All the K means is unlocked for overclocking, that's it. A i5 3570 non K or i5 3470 would be a good choice.

Oh i see, so what's the best i5 that i could get ?

foodeater4 posted...
Yeah I think an i5 of some sort and then a better GPU next. Then youll be set for a while. The gtx 650, while better then your old card, is basically an entry level GPU.

Yeah you're right, it's still a low card but it gave so much more performance than my older one, that's for sure x) However when i try to overclock it using Nvidia Inspector my OC values reset, do you know why ?
---
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. My next upgrade

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived