This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The worst thing happened

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. The worst thing happened

User Info: phy2jsh

phy2jsh
2 years ago#31
Did you check if your gpu is showing up in device manager in windows? I would have guessed at the same thing that bazooka penguin was alluding to ie. installing the cpu reset your bios and it defaulted to the on-board graphics. But, I note you said you already checked for options in the bios...

User Info: The Sock

The Sock
2 years ago#32
jessica73 posted...
Maybe try switching slots, the pci-e may have kicked the bucket?

I put in a much older video card in that slot and this older card works fine. Also, it's the only slot for a video card in my comp.

phy2jsh posted...
Did you check if your gpu is showing up in device manager in windows? I would have guessed at the same thing that bazooka penguin was alluding to ie. installing the cpu reset your bios and it defaulted to the on-board graphics. But, I note you said you already checked for options in the bios...

Yup. Device manager refused to show my dead card.
Dear whoever stole my copy of Microsoft Office: I will track you down. You have my Word.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. The worst thing happened

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived