This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone still buy Physical copies of PC games?

#101CourtofOwlsPosted 8/21/2014 2:02:16 PM
if there's a collector's edition i want,sure
---
[?]
Boycott Best Buy!
#102BeknessPosted 8/21/2014 2:22:07 PM
Hardly ever. Only if they're dirt cheap or not on Steam/GoG/etc.

I may buy Singularity because it's not available in Aus.
---
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/ R<3B xx
Babes & I Now Reading - (Star Wars) Rebel Force #1: Target
#103ab2c4Posted 8/21/2014 3:22:24 PM
I prefer to only buy physical copies. First of all, my cable company has a 250gb download limit per month (its the best plan they have and it is the only high speed internet service offered in our area). Secondly, with games now around 40gb to download, it would take two days to download a game. Buying a physical game is much easier and faster for me.
#104Skunkdog1Posted 8/23/2014 7:23:58 AM
last time i bought a physical copy was heart of the swarm, and that was only because i had a gift card
prior to that was diablo 3. that was when i was still in my "buy all CE versions of games" phase
prior to that was wings of liberty. see above
prior to that though? i honestly couldnt tell you
---
BY FIRE BE PURGED
http://i.imgur.com/51ydFkh.png
#105LvthnPosted 8/23/2014 7:27:28 AM
Last physical game I bought was SC2 CE. The feelies in that game actually were pretty badass.
#106Mudkip57Posted 8/23/2014 7:35:29 AM
I found the SCII Heart of the Swarm CE for relatively cheap a year after release, so I went ahead and picked it up. I don't play SCII competitively so I wasn't in any rush
#107Killah PriestPosted 8/23/2014 7:43:14 AM
I stopped buying physical games when I moved and noticed that I had more boxes of old video games than anything else.

one of these days I'm lugging all of them to the dumpster, might be the greatest day of my life.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#108AceFan84Posted 8/23/2014 7:59:48 AM
If I buy physical it's either because I want a CE or some special edition of a game (most of the time) or sometimes if a game's install size is so large it would take multiple days to download on my crap Internet. Otherwise I'm almost all digital.
---
Now Playing: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (PC), Kirby:Triple Deluxe (3DS), Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
#109IzicialPosted 8/23/2014 8:42:49 AM
OmegaFlare18 posted...
just Blizzard games. I have the regular boxed copy for all their games post vanilla WoW.

Heh I have that too. It's something like 6 Cds. Its crazy.
---
Check out my SL 1 playthrough of Dark Souls II on my channel Izzy Games.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL19gU5IpjVkl-9LtY2ASx8ouTspMrGfN_
#110SoporilBraceletPosted 8/24/2014 4:24:12 PM
Local stores or even big companies sometimes sell games for incredibly cheap prices here. I bought Civilization V GOTY Edition for $15, Far Cry3 for $10 and Dead Space 3 as well as Battlefield 3 cost me $20 each. Besides that, I have Fallout 1 and 2 I got for around fifty cents each(best deal ever?) And a few smaller games. I bought Bioshock Infinite for $50 boxed for not much reason, I love the box though.

PS4 games cost $100 over here in Turkey though, so I guess it evens out.
---
TU FUI, EGO ERIS.
What you are, I was. What I am, you will be.