This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone still buy Physical copies of PC games?

#41somebody336Posted 8/21/2014 6:13:16 AM
I do. Only for show though, I only play downloaded games lol
---
TBWNN's grumpy old man >:/
#42SampsonMPosted 8/21/2014 6:16:26 AM
Sometimes stores will have them on clearance because no one buys them anymore. I think Toys R Us had Diablo III for like $10 a few months after launch.
---
An artist is a creature driven by demons. He dont know why they choose him and hes usually too busy to wonder why.
#43ConsumerWarningPosted 8/21/2014 6:19:08 AM
No - because most of them STILL require steam!

I mostly get my games on GOG.com.
---
The 80's are over and the conservatives lost.
#44SinisterSlayPosted 8/21/2014 6:19:26 AM
SampsonM posted...
Sometimes stores will have them on clearance because no one buys them anymore. I think Toys R Us had Diablo III for like $10 a few months after launch.

Really? I never checked that store for PC games.
Maybe I should start checking this stuff again, I gave up entirely when ebgames and walmart stopped stocking PC games other than world of warcraft, guild wars, and "the game of life" and other cereal box games.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#45LoneCourier2281Posted 8/21/2014 6:23:24 AM
I have the boxed copy of Wasteland 2 pre-ordered. Sooooo.... Yes.
---
"We're talking about how many more moves than we've seen before?"
#46MarceloSampaioPosted 8/21/2014 6:32:53 AM
Nope. Ever since Steam was officially released here in Brazil (in 2011, I think), I stopped buying physical copies of games completely.
---
If you believe in Marona as your Loli and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature. :3
http://i.imgur.com/GV8UFZR.png
#47SampsonMPosted 8/21/2014 6:37:43 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
SampsonM posted...

Really? I never checked that store for PC games.
Maybe I should start checking this stuff again, I gave up entirely when ebgames and walmart stopped stocking PC games other than world of warcraft, guild wars, and "the game of life" and other cereal box games.

Also, if you join the Best Buy gamers club, you get 20% off all new video games. Best Buy (at least the ones near me) still carry boxed PC games, so the 20% should apply to them. Still more expenisve than Steam sales, but if you buy a lot of big-name PC games around release (Sims, Blizzard games, etc) it might make sense.

The membership is generally $120 for 2-years but I've seen them offer it for $60 around Black Friday.
---
An artist is a creature driven by demons. He dont know why they choose him and hes usually too busy to wonder why.
#48BlueswordsXPosted 8/21/2014 6:42:11 AM
I don't even have a CD Drive anymore. It's going the way of floppys and videotapes.
---
Touhou is love. Welcome to Gensokyo!
#49SinisterSlayPosted 8/21/2014 6:43:21 AM
SampsonM posted...

Also, if you join the Best Buy gamers club, you get 20% off all new video games. Best Buy (at least the ones near me) still carry boxed PC games, so the 20% should apply to them. Still more expenisve than Steam sales, but if you buy a lot of big-name PC games around release (Sims, Blizzard games, etc) it might make sense.

The membership is generally $120 for 2-years but I've seen them offer it for $60 around Black Friday.

Yikes, $120 is more than I have spent on games in the last 2 years.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#50Runner_stylePosted 8/21/2014 7:00:48 AM(edited)
The last game i brought was awhile back off of ebay. Breath of Fire IV which cost me 4 at the time...Now just looking around it's worth upwards of 24..So I'm happy I brought it when I did.

It's not really a bad idea to have a couple of physical copies on hand either activated through steam, since if you lose access to your account for whatever reason you can fall back on those physical codes you have to get your account back.
---
It's time gamers grew up instead of being pissy 5 year olds fighting over the most asinine things.