This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone still buy Physical copies of PC games?

#71Shin_GallonPosted 8/21/2014 9:38:10 AM
Only for deluxe Collector's Editions (and if it also includes a Steam code, all the better). I prefer boxes for console games because of the closed-platform nature of those, so if PSN gave me a way to locally store a copy of a game for when they eventually shut down their store servers I'd probably trust digital more for those games.
---
Friends don't let friends watch dubbed anime.
#72JMoorePosted 8/21/2014 9:38:47 AM
Man, there was a time when I just loved buying a PC game. Huge box, maps, books, sometimes strategy guides and all sorts of other little goodies. Now I open a case there's a card with the activation code on one side and an ad for some other game you probably don't want on the other(sometimes an ad right below the code too). It's not a big deal, but back then it was pretty cool getting all that stuff with the game.

I still buy the occasional physical copy, depends on the game.
---
................. Thats it..... Game over man...... GAME OVER!!!!
#73ArkonBladePosted 8/21/2014 9:48:25 AM
not since the Mid 2000s.
---
YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ArkonBlade/videos
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade
#74RickySaoPosted 8/21/2014 9:48:34 AM
The last physical copy I got for PC was The Orange Box... turned out Valve and EA were pushing Steam a lot that time!
---
Gi, Rei, Yu, Jin, Meiyo, Makoto, Chu
#751337RoosterPosted 8/21/2014 10:04:23 AM
Pretty rare, but sometimes I find it cheaper to order the physical copy. Or there is a physical collectors piece or something not offered in the digital copy.

I physically bought SC2, TF2, CS:souce, and League of Legends (starter kit that came with 20 heroes, some RP, etx).
---
Thank you for playing. Yes. I am number one!
#76kbe2k2Posted 8/21/2014 10:08:02 AM
Just older stuff for collecting purposes, picked up Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance and Ecco the Dolphin for PC recently. Other than that I don't really care about getting physical copies because it's not like the console market PC games have very little resale value unless it's a collectors edition or something rare like Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis.
#77Rat_a_tatPosted 8/21/2014 10:12:24 AM
I'm about as pro-physical as you can get, so yeah. But I'm also not the biggest PC gamer, and the last one I bought was the WoW: Mists of Pandaria expansion in 2012.

Usually the only digital games I play are f2p stuff (the only game I've owned on Steam is Dota 2). I have a big hangup on spending money on something intangible. I do it sometimes, but very rarely.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0104-0344-6970
#78SxmfctPosted 8/21/2014 10:12:51 AM
Skyrim legendary edition because it was cheaper than Steam

I also have PC GTA3 lying around somewhere
---
sigless user logic
#79force_edgePosted 8/21/2014 10:13:04 AM
I always buy physical. Most major releases I want to buy come with physical, and those releases (major or not) that only do digital I hold off until I get a digital sale of minimum 70%, or I'll just get physical on another platform.
---
GameFAQs, where opinions get moderated as "Flaming" just because some moderator felt hurt by it.
#80Master_BassPosted 8/21/2014 10:13:06 AM
No, the last one was probably Total War: Shogun 2 since I had an Amazon giftcard. They didn't offer downloads then, I don't think.
---
Many Bothans died to bring you this post.