This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone still buy Physical copies of PC games?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Anyone still buy Physical copies of PC games?
2 years ago#81
If it's cheaper and/or a collector's edition, yeah. Otherwise all download.
XBL A Killing Pie~PSN A_Killing_Pie~Steam Scooby Doo
"I'm going to put my quantum harmonizer in your photonic resonation chamber!"
2 years ago#82
Either for my collection (mostly older games) or if they're special editions. Blizzard is one of the only companies that still rolls out PC collector's editions and I do enjoy supporting them. The physical items are always pretty cool. Regret not buying Wings of Liberty CE.
The passion of lovers is for death said she
The passion of lovers is for death
2 years ago#83
Last one I bought was BF3, I would buy more, but my dvd drive broke. Planning on getting a new one to burn CDs though. Some cool PC only special editions come out for physical.
2 years ago#84
Well it's not as if there is any other way to actually buy a copy of the game. Unless you're using GOG.
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
2 years ago#85
Usually no, but I do have witcher 3 pc preordered at bestbuy. That's mostly because it's on a preorder sale (20% off regular price), I know cd p is going to give me a real physical copy with no drm bull, and it is very likely they'll give me a free gog copy with it.
3DS FC: 4038-7408-0876
2 years ago#86
Yes, I only buy physical games. A download-only game is like not owning the game to me. I completely ignore them even though I own them.
2 years ago#87
Che, no, it's almost strictly digital for me these days, but that's because pretty much the only source I have for games in-town is Walmart. And as we should all probably know, their PC Game Selection is... well... horrible. The cheepo console game shelves are much bigger than the PC game shelf.
---
The best laid plans don't last a second in real life. In the end, all you can do is bum-rush your objective and hope for the best.
2 years ago#88
Jedi still a console peasant due to the fact he even made this topic. PC Master Race has not purchased physical copies in a decade.
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
2 years ago#89
Last physical PC game I bought was FF14:ARR...and I regret that because it stopped me playing after Early Access was over, for a week, while I waited for the damn physical copy to arrive.

I'm not a huge fan of dld'ing games as my ISP is slow as hell, but it's still better than having to wait on the mail.
MSI GT60 15.6" : I7-3630QM, GTX680M/4GB GDDR5, 12GBDDRIII, 750GB/HD
Douleur Peur Mort
2 years ago#90
Depends on the game. I prefer box copies overall, but then there's steam... so, yeah.
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Anyone still buy Physical copies of PC games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived