This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PC gamers, do you also play on console?

#21FlakconPosted 8/21/2014 10:53:08 AM
Jedi454 posted...
Raikouen posted...
Jedi454 posted...
You love the Dual Shock? that would be a world's first.

A lot of people are very fond of it.

I personally love the fact that no game (aside from RTS, of course) feels gimped when playing on the dual shock controllers as reaching every part is easy and comfortable, and each part of the controller is responsive enough to do the job well. Xbox controllers do not offer this IMO.

You don't own an Xbox console, so I can't take your opinion seriously. In my opinion, the DS3 is a terrible controller, a revamped version of the outdated late 90's Dualshock, my hands have grown over time and the controller is extremely awkward to use. If I could play PS3 games without third party software on an Xbox 360 controller, i'd do that in a heartbeat.

I own both and I find the XBOX controller is awkward to use for games other than FPS. Good design? Yes but only for FPS.
---
PSN: theSkarekro [Hailing from Singapore!]
AE2012: Adon Sagat Yang | Tekken: Kazuya Law Jin
#22Raikouen(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2014 11:05:36 AM
Flakcon posted...
Jedi454 posted...
Raikouen posted...
Jedi454 posted...
You love the Dual Shock? that would be a world's first.

A lot of people are very fond of it.

I personally love the fact that no game (aside from RTS, of course) feels gimped when playing on the dual shock controllers as reaching every part is easy and comfortable, and each part of the controller is responsive enough to do the job well. Xbox controllers do not offer this IMO.

You don't own an Xbox console, so I can't take your opinion seriously. In my opinion, the DS3 is a terrible controller, a revamped version of the outdated late 90's Dualshock, my hands have grown over time and the controller is extremely awkward to use. If I could play PS3 games without third party software on an Xbox 360 controller, i'd do that in a heartbeat.

I own both and I find the XBOX controller is awkward to use for games other than FPS. Good design? Yes but only for FPS.

It's also pretty good for racing games, but I agree, the dual shock is better for more genres than the Xbox controller.
---
PS3/PS4/PC gamer
*insert random PC stats nobody will ever read or care about*
#23Dragonspawn1319Posted 8/21/2014 11:15:03 AM
I recently sold my ps3 because I needed the money, so I just have the ps4 now. Well, I hooked back up my ps1 for some old school rpg goodness, but after about 5 minutes I switched to an emulator so I could tweak the visuals.
#24GarudinPosted 8/21/2014 11:22:58 AM
Not anymore my PS3 only really gets any use as a Netflix box.

Every game I want to play or am playing is on my PC and anything on my consoles is stuff I've already played and anything new is either coming out on PC too or doesn't interest me.
---
Crowd: Free Tibet, Free Tibet
Peter: I'll take it, hey China I have something you want but it'll cost ya...That's right all the tea GT: Garudin
#25GamenamebullyPosted 8/21/2014 11:23:09 AM
I play PC, PS2(With/ PS1 compatibility), PS3, PS4, Wii(With Gamecube compatibility), Wii U, Gameboy, Gameboy color, DS(with GBA compatibility), 3DS, PSP, and Vita.

So in general I play on more than just my PC.
---
The Only Sane Gamer.
PSN Name: Gamenamebully Steam: BernkastelWitch
#26BlueswordsXPosted 8/21/2014 11:26:01 AM
Only handhelds. I play 3DS a lot and plan to get the Vita when the memory prices go down.

Haven't had interest in home consoles since PS2 though.
---
Touhou is love. Welcome to Gensokyo!
#27BogePosted 8/21/2014 12:30:02 PM
I play whatever has the good games. I'm not going to limit myself.
---
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png
#28JKatarnPosted 8/21/2014 12:31:29 PM
See my sig.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#29alsroboshackPosted 8/21/2014 1:05:33 PM
Dreamcast is the only console I need.
---
some people treat life as a game,
some people treat games as life.
#30MahoganyTooth92Posted 8/21/2014 3:20:02 PM
I have a 3ds, and a really old PS2 stored away in the back of my wardrobe.

Any other console shall be referred to as a "peasant box" by me for reasons of making people mad.
---
"I'm amazed TC is still posting. It's not your everyday run of the mill stupidity. This is advanced stupidity." -nickizgr8