This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PC gamers, do you also play on console?

#31Nmilek1Posted 8/21/2014 3:22:03 PM
PS3 for the odd game, PS2, 3DS and PSP have an old Genesis stored somewhere as well.
#32cosmic_assasinPosted 8/21/2014 4:12:14 PM
I still play my 360 from time to time, i'm probably gonna get a PS4 in September for Destiny
---
Assassssssin
#33Jedi454Posted 8/21/2014 4:23:41 PM
Raikouen posted...
Flakcon posted...
Jedi454 posted...
Raikouen posted...
Jedi454 posted...
You love the Dual Shock? that would be a world's first.

A lot of people are very fond of it.

I personally love the fact that no game (aside from RTS, of course) feels gimped when playing on the dual shock controllers as reaching every part is easy and comfortable, and each part of the controller is responsive enough to do the job well. Xbox controllers do not offer this IMO.

You don't own an Xbox console, so I can't take your opinion seriously. In my opinion, the DS3 is a terrible controller, a revamped version of the outdated late 90's Dualshock, my hands have grown over time and the controller is extremely awkward to use. If I could play PS3 games without third party software on an Xbox 360 controller, i'd do that in a heartbeat.

I own both and I find the XBOX controller is awkward to use for games other than FPS. Good design? Yes but only for FPS.

It's also pretty good for racing games, but I agree, the dual shock is better for more genres than the Xbox controller.

How can you say the controller is good for one type of game and not another?
#34ein311Posted 8/21/2014 4:25:05 PM
My Xbox 360, One, PS3, PS4, and Wii are all hooked up.

The PS4 gets the most play right now with MLB The Show, and the One is used mostly for TV/media/Netflix but I also play Forza and Dead Rising 3 on it.

The Xbox 360 is at the girlfriend's house and when it isn't used for Netflix, I'm playing Forza Horizon on it. The PS3 is in my bedroom basically for Netflix and a few PS+ free games.

I still play the Wii sometimes for Mario Kart/Donkey Kong/other Nintendo games.
---
Man your own jackhammer
Man your battlestations
#35Dark_SpiretPosted 8/21/2014 4:39:39 PM
yes, tho id say 90-95% of my gaming time is spent on pc or my 3ds.
---
Currently playing: Risen 3 - FTL - The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
#36Raikouen(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2014 5:25:46 PM
Jedi454 posted...
Raikouen posted...
Flakcon posted...
Jedi454 posted...

You don't own an Xbox console, so I can't take your opinion seriously. In my opinion, the DS3 is a terrible controller, a revamped version of the outdated late 90's Dualshock, my hands have grown over time and the controller is extremely awkward to use. If I could play PS3 games without third party software on an Xbox 360 controller, i'd do that in a heartbeat.

I own both and I find the XBOX controller is awkward to use for games other than FPS. Good design? Yes but only for FPS.

It's also pretty good for racing games, but I agree, the dual shock is better for more genres than the Xbox controller.

How can you say the controller is good for one type of game and not another?

Because from my experience it is true. Using an Xbox controller can give better precision in shooters and racing games, but most other genres a DS controller does better while also not being bad for either of these two genres.

Why are you defensive about which controller layout I prefer?
---
PS3/PS4/PC gamer
*insert random PC stats nobody will ever read or care about*
#37HighOnPhazonPosted 8/21/2014 5:27:35 PM
Wii U and PS1/Ps2.

You don't need the current or last gen consoles (besides Wii U) if you own a Gaming PC.
---
PC Gaming - The Only Way
i5 3570K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650
#38Raikouen(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2014 5:32:18 PM
HighOnPhazon posted...
Wii U and PS1/Ps2.

You don't need the current or last gen consoles (besides Wii U) if you own a Gaming PC.

I'd miss God of War, Gran Turismo, Last of Us, and a few other game dearly if I had completely given them up.

Both PS3 and 360 had multiple well received exclusives, so I truly do not understand why people say owning them is useless when there's obviously plenty of games to play that you can't get on PC.
---
PS3/PS4/PC gamer
*insert random PC stats nobody will ever read or care about*
#39Skul_Posted 8/21/2014 6:09:35 PM
I have a Wii U. Also a 3DS, DS and PSP though.
---
i5-2500::GTX770::8GB
League IGN [OCE]: theLEECH
#40somebody336Posted 8/21/2014 6:12:34 PM
I play on all teh consoles.
---
TBWNN's grumpy old man >:/