This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PC gamers, do you also play on console?

#51ClashtonnPosted 8/21/2014 7:44:42 PM
Garage_Man posted...
Clashtonn posted...
Garage_Man posted...
I'm growing more convinced every day that PC ONLY gamers just can't afford the whole experience. Gaming is NOT a cheap hobby.

Most of the people I see complain about consoles have lower end builds which tells me money is a concern. They just beat everything else into the ground just cause.

That's dumb.

Maybe they just don't have time for the ridiculous amount of good PC games as it is, so they don't need to buy a console to add games on top of that.

Really, a ridiculous amount? I have a PC you know....

I like having a wide selection of platforms and choosing the best of the best from each. If I wanna play a Vita game I can, then a month later I can move to the PC for the newest best thing, then over to the other consoles and so on and so forth.

PCs have a excellent selection of games, but there are excellent selections elsewhere too. Combine it all together and BAM.

Right.

But like I said earlier, I've always owned each major console and a PC. And then last gen, my consoles just gathered dust. PC gets more good games than I have time to keep up with, and I play a LOT of games.
---
i5 somethingK | GTX 660TI and some letters | Like 8 rams or something| Really Big HDD | Kind of small SDD
#52Garage_ManPosted 8/21/2014 7:45:16 PM
XtremeWRATH360 posted...
Garage_Man posted...
I'm growing more convinced every day that PC ONLY gamers just can't afford the whole experience. Gaming is NOT a cheap hobby.

Most of the people I see complain about consoles have lower end builds which tells me money is a concern. They just beat everything else into the ground just cause.

What experience do we need to afford?

This is my problem with people like you the whole "complete experience" or "missing out". How does one miss out on an experience that they didn't have any interest in to begin with?

Suddenly because i don't want an XB1 or PS4 i can't afford to experience these games i don't to play and now im missing out.

LOGIC!

Really? I am very interested....I'll bite despite knowing you are trolling. What kinda games do you play on PC, if there is ANY overlap to a console for that specific genre then it doesn't count because you really aren't interested as you said so yourself.

So tell me, what is on PC that is so exclusive that there is literally NOTHING on ANY console like it. I am actually curious as I see RPGs and FPS are the most common but them don't count because consoles have them so they are trash.
#53Garage_ManPosted 8/21/2014 7:47:21 PM
Clashtonn posted...
Garage_Man posted...
Clashtonn posted...
Garage_Man posted...

That's dumb.

Maybe they just don't have time for the ridiculous amount of good PC games as it is, so they don't need to buy a console to add games on top of that.

Really, a ridiculous amount? I have a PC you know....

I like having a wide selection of platforms and choosing the best of the best from each. If I wanna play a Vita game I can, then a month later I can move to the PC for the newest best thing, then over to the other consoles and so on and so forth.

PCs have a excellent selection of games, but there are excellent selections elsewhere too. Combine it all together and BAM.

Right.

But like I said earlier, I've always owned each major console and a PC. And then last gen, my consoles just gathered dust. PC gets more good games than I have time to keep up with, and I play a LOT of games.

To each their own, I just like having the option of hey look there is the ONE awesome looking game. I'll just go ahead and get that. I got a PS4 JUST for the Oddworld Remake. Worth every penny.
#54ClashtonnPosted 8/21/2014 7:48:23 PM
Garage_Man posted...
XtremeWRATH360 posted...
Garage_Man posted...

What experience do we need to afford?

This is my problem with people like you the whole "complete experience" or "missing out". How does one miss out on an experience that they didn't have any interest in to begin with?

Suddenly because i don't want an XB1 or PS4 i can't afford to experience these games i don't to play and now im missing out.

LOGIC!

Really? I am very interested....I'll bite despite knowing you are trolling. What kinda games do you play on PC, if there is ANY overlap to a console for that specific genre then it doesn't count because you really aren't interested as you said so yourself.

So tell me, what is on PC that is so exclusive that there is literally NOTHING on ANY console like it. I am actually curious as I see RPGs and FPS are the most common but them don't count because consoles have them so they are trash.

Name a console game like Crusader Kings 2. Anything even similar.
---
i5 somethingK | GTX 660TI and some letters | Like 8 rams or something| Really Big HDD | Kind of small SDD
#55arleasPosted 8/21/2014 7:54:18 PM(edited)
I've got a nice PC (I won't go into exact specs but it's overkill for 90% of all games probably, but not "hex core, 64 GB of RAM and 4 Titans in Quad SLI" overkill. It's more modest than that)

The last console I cared to buy was a PS2. I played it a bit but my interest in consoles was waning by that time because (coincidence?) I was able to buy a crappy PC for games...(900mhz Athlon + FX5200 and 2GB of RAM). It was crappy but I was enjoying the games on it more than the console.

I just found PC games were more in depth than the average console game and I was especially interested in RTS and FPS, which were genres that were done way way better on PC. From 2004 when I got a half decent PC till now (10 years) I have completely upgraded PCs three times and upgraded various parts on average of every 2-3 years (but nothing so expensive as to cause me to "break the bank").

I could have easily afforded a PS3, or an Xbox 360 but there weren't enough games I was interested in to justify the purchase. Also I had heard plenty of horror stories of consoles breaking down (not to mention a lot of experience with the PS1 breaking down) so that further solidified my resolve to avoid the consoles.

Fast forward to today where I am still indifferent about console exclusives and that's why I haven't bothered to buy a console since 2002.

Just because garbage man has seen some people complain about consoles who don't have a top of the line rig doesn't mean that applies to everyone, or that it's even true about those people. It might be... it might not be.

I could make a sweeping generalization about the console players based on an observation on gamefaqs but it wouldn't be fact. Example: Console players have no good games so they come to the PC board to troll to make themselves feel better about it... I base this off of the 20 or so trolls I've seen in the past month or two.

Timeline for people who may be confused: 2000ish: bought the crappy PC, 2004: upgraded to a half decent PC, 2009: Upgraded to a slightly better PC, 2013: upgraded to my current PC. Various part upgrades every 2-3 years along the line.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3635582762.png
#56Garage_ManPosted 8/21/2014 8:02:11 PM
I'll bite. What did y'all think of TLoU or Uncharted? Gears? Halo? LBP? Muramasa Rebirth? Atelier games? Journey? Gran Turismo 6? Forza? Heavy Rain? Tales? FF13? Rain? Flower?

So I have listed a few games. Now you all tell me how each and every one is trash and why they don't appeal to you. This is a very small list of my library.

Now what did y'all think of that Divinity game?
#57ClashtonnPosted 8/21/2014 8:07:47 PM
Garage_Man posted...
I'll bite. What did y'all think of TLoU or Uncharted? Gears? Halo? LBP? Muramasa Rebirth? Atelier games? Journey? Gran Turismo 6? Forza? Heavy Rain? Tales? FF13? Rain? Flower?

So I have listed a few games. Now you all tell me how each and every one is trash and why they don't appeal to you. This is a very small list of my library.

Now what did y'all think of that Divinity game?

The Last of Us was pretty fun, but any game that gets put away after 10 hours is nothing special as far as I'm concerned. Uncharted 2 was fun, the rest were crap. Gears was ok Co-op. Halo 3 was great, Reach and 4 sucked LBP sucked. Murumasa Rebirth doesn't look interested to me at all. Journey was boring. Gran Turismo is just another rehashed racing game, like Forza. I enjoyed GT1 and 2 for a bit, then lost interest. Heavy Rain blew. Tales are generic JRPGs. FF13 was terrible, and worse than most FF which are mediocre to begin with. Rain and Flower were pretty but forgettable games.

What I thought of Divinity OS? A huge step in the right direction for RPGs. Great combat, nice world and fun all the way through. What does that have to do with anything?
---
#58Garage_ManPosted 8/21/2014 8:20:49 PM
Oh that, it was just a little mind work to see if I list a bad PC game people would say it was great and original but in reality it is no better than tales. They are both pretty bad games.

Honestly I might just make a poll for PC vs Console Exclusives but in the PC games I'll just list bad ones. I bet you money that the bad PC games will win.

I am not saying all PC gamers are like this, however this board is the most anticonsole place on the internet. It makes it incredibly hard to talk about anything because all people to is complain.
#59ClashtonnPosted 8/21/2014 8:22:07 PM
lol if you honestly think Divinity OS is a bad game, then I guess I'm wasting my time debating with an idiot.
---
#60Garage_ManPosted 8/21/2014 8:29:56 PM
What? I don't like that style RPG. It just isn't immersive or fun for me imo. It was great back in 2000s when I first got internet but PERSONALLY it jsut feels bland for lack of a better word. I am not playing the game for the combat....I NEED amazing characters and character development.

Maybe I'll try again one day. I find going back to games later on helps out a lot. You can tone down the hype o meter which is important. I was VERY disappointed with TLoU the first time I touched it. In fact a few hours in I just stopped. Just finished it and loved it; not the best game but not bad.