This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Game developer in bed with gaming journalist. PART 4

#11KillerTrufflePosted 8/21/2014 3:36:30 PM
ein311 posted...
I'd disagree with you on that point, simply because successfully abusing DMCA claims to take down content is a pretty ongoing problem and while this incident isn't worthy of being made its own story, it is one good use-case example.

Agreed wholeheartedly, but it *is* being used as just its own story. Not one single person has carried any of this beyond Zoe to the bigger things. No one has pulled in other instances of this and built them into anything resembling a cohesive case. It's just a big, stinky tower of Zoe bashing.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#12Lemur_HPosted 8/21/2014 3:37:34 PM
I wonder if there is some kind of NDA trying to keep it hush, like Jeff Gerstmann's GameStop firing.
#13ein311Posted 8/21/2014 3:37:50 PM
KillerTruffle posted...
Agreed wholeheartedly, but it *is* being used as just its own story. Not one single person has carried any of this beyond Zoe to the bigger things. No one has pulled in other instances of this and built them into anything resembling a cohesive case. It's just a big, stinky tower of Zoe bashing.

100% agreed. This should have been the launching point to spark a wider discussion of the problems facing the billion dollar industry. But it isn't, because for whatever reason people are still hung up on some girl and a burger joint.
---
Man your own jackhammer
Man your battlestations
#14Rangue(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2014 3:40:42 PM
KillerTruffle posted...
ein311 posted...
I'd disagree with you on that point, simply because successfully abusing DMCA claims to take down content is a pretty ongoing problem and while this incident isn't worthy of being made its own story, it is one good use-case example.

You realize that is because we only have proof for Zoe right? The reason Zoe is at the center of all the issues discussed, is because we got a huge infodump of logs about Zoe from her ex boyfriend. If we had anything at all resembling proof for any other totally obvious but unprovable BS that game journalists do, people would be jumping over that.

There is no reason to feel bad for, or defend her. Everything that is happening she brought onto herself with her actions.

The reason I have stayed away from the DMCA issue for the most part is that it is not provable that it was Zoe that did it, just likely. Why would I concentrate resources on something with no proof?
---
PSN: BigPenguin
XBL: BigRoundPenguin
#15HighOnPhazonPosted 8/21/2014 3:41:16 PM
Three topics just weren't enough!
---
PC Gaming - The Only Way
i5 3570K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650
#16Jedi454Posted 8/21/2014 3:43:31 PM
Who cares? You are giving this woman attention by constantly posting these topics.
#17KillerTrufflePosted 8/21/2014 3:45:03 PM
HighOnPhazon posted...
Three topics just weren't enough!

If you thought it was only 3, you missed a lot apparently.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/d0fac84839fc27f6de3ec590675f93bc/tumblr_mhgndaBDxL1rzdct7o1_400.gif
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#18Rangue(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2014 3:45:30 PM
Jedi454 posted...
Who cares? You are giving this woman attention by constantly posting these topics.

The censorship should make you care. Kotaku, giantbomb, RPS, escapist, destructoid, arstechnica, 4chan, reddit have all been censored. GameFAQs is one of the few sites that is not censoring information. If there was no censorship, no one would have cared longer then a day at most, but the Streisand effect took place.
---
PSN: BigPenguin
XBL: BigRoundPenguin
#19Lemur_HPosted 8/21/2014 3:46:08 PM
GFAQs mods suck.
#20Jedi454Posted 8/21/2014 3:46:36 PM
Rangue posted...
Jedi454 posted...

The censorship should make you care. Kotaku, giantbomb, RPS, escapist, destructoid, arstechnica, 4chan, reddit have all been censored. GameFAQs is one of the few sites that is not censoring information. If there was no censorship, no one would have cared longer then a day at most, but the Streisand effect took place.

It doesn't make me care because I never cared about the game or the person who was making it.