This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Free to Play games worth trying?

#1XBrosephPosted 8/22/2014 7:14:25 AM
For some reason I have been avoiding these games like the plague but today I ask myself why? Why should I not try these games? Even if they do turn out to be crap it is not like it is costing me anything to try them out, so that being said what are some Free to Play games you feel are worth checking out?
#2GarquillPosted 8/22/2014 7:15:21 AM
TF2, Vindictus
---
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." ~ A. Einstein
#3KaiserWarriorPosted 8/22/2014 7:16:16 AM
Unless your time has no value whatsoever, wasting it on F2P crap does incur a cost to you. You could be doing something better with that time, like having actual fun playing games that are not designed around pissing you off until you're willing to pay money to stop being so pissed off.
#4XBroseph(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2014 7:20:10 AM
KaiserWarrior posted...
You could be doing something better with that time

Like trolling the internet as you seem to be so fond of?
#5SinisterSlayPosted 8/22/2014 7:22:20 AM
XBroseph posted...
KaiserWarrior posted...
You could be doing something better with that time

Like trolling the internet as you seem to be so fond of?

Yes
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#6pothocketPosted 8/22/2014 7:22:41 AM
Infinity Wars is a really good card TCG that will give you a ton of free cards
---
http://i.imgur.com/aBZ2Gww.gif http://i.imgur.com/HnzWmt3.gif
#7monkmithPosted 8/22/2014 7:27:06 AM(edited)
i'm really enjoying robocraft. lots of fun trying to design something that won't immediately crash at launch and then pitting it against a bunch of other people in a death match.
---
build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Baka wa shinanakya naoranai.
#8ClashtonnPosted 8/22/2014 7:31:30 AM
DOTA 2 is one of the best games in the last couple of years and is free.

Path of Exile is good

Loadout is ok

League of Legends is good but the F2P model isn't the best

TF2 is obvious
---
i5 somethingK | GTX 660TI and some letters | Like 8 rams or something| Really Big HDD | Kind of small SDD
#9cuteboi100Posted 8/22/2014 7:32:54 AM
Free-to-play games are great because they allow you to test the game out before you invest into it. I always wonder where demos have gone.

Good F2P games:
Starcraft 2 (with restrictions), Vindictus, TF2, League of Legends, Planetside 2.
---
Attack Jet - Division 1 (World) | Fighter Jet - Division 1 (World)
Fighter Jet - Division 1 (Toronto), Rank #5
#10cuteboi100Posted 8/22/2014 7:35:31 AM
Clashtonn posted...

League of Legends is good but the F2P model isn't the best

I'm not sure what you mean but I think LoL has one of the best F2P models. There is almost no advantage to be had by paying. But yet Riot (the company behind LoL) has other non-disruptive ways to make money, like cosmetics and exp and money boosts.
---
Attack Jet - Division 1 (World) | Fighter Jet - Division 1 (World)
Fighter Jet - Division 1 (Toronto), Rank #5