This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Free to Play games worth trying?

#11ClashtonnPosted 8/22/2014 7:38:31 AM
Paying to unlock champions is paying for an advantage. The larger your champion pool, the better your play is, because you can counterpick enemies and conform to different team compositions better. You also don't have to spend your IP on champions, so you can spend it all on runes. And you can buy more rune pages.

It's not awful but it's way worse than say, DOTA 2 where you get everything besides cosmetic items for free.
---
i5 somethingK | GTX 660TI and some letters | Like 8 rams or something| Really Big HDD | Kind of small SDD
#12cuteboi100Posted 8/22/2014 7:46:42 AM
I agree that the grind is very bad but I doubt anyone plays an absurd amount of champs competitively so the grind is not that bad to get the few champs you are actually good with.
---
Attack Jet - Division 1 (World) | Fighter Jet - Division 1 (World)
Fighter Jet - Division 1 (Toronto), Rank #5
#13OUberLordPosted 8/22/2014 7:46:54 AM
World of Tanks and War Thunder come to mind.
#14rainedownPosted 8/22/2014 7:49:30 AM
Gotham City Impostors is free to play and is actually one of my favorite games period of the last few years.

Hawken is decent, though it's a grind if you don't spend any real cash.
#15KaiserWarriorPosted 8/22/2014 7:49:39 AM
XBroseph posted...
KaiserWarrior posted...
You could be doing something better with that time

Like trolling the internet as you seem to be so fond of?

You asked for an opinion on F2P games and you got one. The fact that it doesn't agree with you doesn't make it "trolling".

I've played quite a number of F2P games in my day, and every single one of them has been the same formula: even the "good" ones are constantly nagging and inconveniencing you, attempting to break down your will until you pay for the frustration to go away. If you're fine with that, then have at it, but I'm recommending against it because my time is valuable to me, and thus a F2P game does, in fact, have a cost.
#16cuteboi100Posted 8/22/2014 7:53:56 AM
KaiserWarrior posted...
I'm recommending against it because my time is valuable to me, and thus a F2P game does, in fact, have a cost.

I don't think you're being reasonable here. So this is what you're doing with your valuable time? No thing on this earth is more of a waste of time than another as long as it makes you happy.
---
Attack Jet - Division 1 (World) | Fighter Jet - Division 1 (World)
Fighter Jet - Division 1 (Toronto), Rank #5
#17zxelmanPosted 8/22/2014 7:55:04 AM
Warframe if you like co-op shooters, with loot on the side.

It has quite a bit of replayability, especially with friends. And every week there's a content or bugfix update.

And anything in the game can be gotten for free if you trade your findings for platinum.
#18pothocketPosted 8/22/2014 7:57:09 AM
"You asked for an opinion on F2P games and you got one."

Yeah, and it was a stupid opinion. Report back to us after playing better games and forming a new one.
---
http://i.imgur.com/aBZ2Gww.gif http://i.imgur.com/HnzWmt3.gif
#19MaximoomPosted 8/22/2014 8:14:00 AM
Planetside 2
---
Asus P8H61-MLE/BR | i5 3470 3.2Ghz | Zotac GTX 760 2GB | 8GB DDR3-1333 | 1TB HDD | C3TEC 500Rve 500W Bronze | Samsung 32" LCD 1080p.
#20MahoganyTooth92Posted 8/22/2014 8:35:40 AM
Team Fortress 2, 100%.
---
"I'm amazed TC is still posting. It's not your everyday run of the mill stupidity. This is advanced stupidity." -nickizgr8