This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Free to Play games worth trying?

#21Darth_KamcioPosted 8/22/2014 8:40:24 AM
League of Legends is nice, and let's be honest - until you actually get enough champions to counterpick, you won't be at the level where counters actually matter. Also, counterpicking doesn't exist outside of ranked play/draft mode.

Team Fortress 2 is also great - and it has an amazing way of handling premium accounts - just buy any one item and your account is permanently premium.
Not that non-premium accounts can't have fun.

World of Tanks is quite okay, but thanks to various kinds of ammunition, it's kinda Pay2Win, seeing that you can buy HEAT shells (or whatever those premium ones are) and own other tanks with ease.

Dragon's Prophet is a WoW-like RPG with dynamic combat and surprisingly big amount of...everything. You have crafting, houses, guild, talents, combos, you can fight, tame, raise, ride and do other things with dragons. The graphics are also nice, but the game has problems with stability - you might get disconnected sometimes, but it only takes 2 minutes to get back into action. Also, while there are lots of things that you can buy for real money, the game doesn't slap that into your face and you also get lots of freebies.
---
I love dragons!
3DS FC: 3625-8721-3670; Dragon safari including Dragonair.
#22anonymous46773Posted 8/22/2014 8:44:40 AM
I started War Thunder earlier, and it's really fun.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#23r0ge00Posted 8/22/2014 8:44:44 AM
Dota 2 for sure. Everything is unlocked except for cosmetic things.

Path of Exile just got another large update with crafters added.

Marvel Heroes 2015 is a very solid game.
#24TitanStrikePosted 8/22/2014 9:12:14 AM
Tf2
---
oxxxx|==============> || halomonkey1_3_5 (El Pika) said... exec poop
MC, Steam ID, most other IGN's: KITTYONFYRE
#25NemerlightPosted 8/22/2014 9:28:51 AM
This topic inspired me to check out F2P games on steam. Dizzel looks interesting and that minecraft/Dayz like game.
---
Miami Heat not champions of 2014.
http://i.imgur.com/m52Q7Rt.gif
#26L0ZPosted 8/22/2014 9:37:07 AM
Crytek's Warface
#27jake-sfPosted 8/22/2014 9:42:24 AM
cuteboi100 posted...
Clashtonn posted...

League of Legends is good but the F2P model isn't the best

I'm not sure what you mean but I think LoL has one of the best F2P models. There is almost no advantage to be had by paying. But yet Riot (the company behind LoL) has other non-disruptive ways to make money, like cosmetics and exp and money boosts.

When it comes down to it, buying champions costs a small fortune, and thats all that matters to be a disgusting F2P game as far as I'm concerned. I don't think you could buy every champions for 500$. Why does ANY game with ANYTHING like this stands as acceptable is beyond me. I don't want to hear the "you can get it if you play a heck of a lot" crap either. Excuses nothing.

Seriously. We need these ridiculous F2P models to die. Not to excuse them.
---
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#28SteamsterPosted 8/22/2014 9:46:28 AM
Marvel Heroes and Path of Exile if you're interested in Diablo clones. Former for more casual gameplay, latter for more hardcore.
#29anonymous46773Posted 8/22/2014 10:00:00 AM
When it comes down to it, buying champions costs a small fortune, and thats all that matters to be a disgusting F2P game as far as I'm concerned. I don't think you could buy every champions for 500$. Why does ANY game with ANYTHING like this stands as acceptable is beyond me. I don't want to hear the "you can get it if you play a heck of a lot" crap either. Excuses nothing.

Seriously. We need these ridiculous F2P models to die. Not to excuse them.

You don't need all the heroes.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#30jake-sfPosted 8/22/2014 10:00:57 AM
anonymous46773 posted...

You don't need all the heroes.

I know I don't need to have fun.

Jesus. Did I look like I was talking about P2W or something to you? P2W is the smallest F2P issue.
---
http://sfjake.zxq.net/