This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Free to Play games worth trying?

#41anonymous46773Posted 8/22/2014 10:25:11 AM
GunmaN1905 posted...
anonymous46773 posted...
DaedalusEx posted...
anonymous46773 posted...
You don't need all the heroes.

You do actually, if you want a level playing field.

You really don't. There are basically five types of heroes, and there are many heroes that can fill those roles. Pretty much every champion is playable at high levels.

If you want to play at higher level, you need every single hero and that's it.

You really don't. Just play the ones you're best at, and that's all you really need.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#42MahoganyTooth92Posted 8/22/2014 10:25:49 AM
GunmaN1905 posted...
anonymous46773 posted...
DaedalusEx posted...
anonymous46773 posted...

You really don't. There are basically five types of heroes, and there are many heroes that can fill those roles. Pretty much every champion is playable at high levels.

By the time you get to the relevant level of play to require every hero, you'll have all of those heroes, unless you're some sort of prodigy that wins every single match.
---
"I'm amazed TC is still posting. It's not your everyday run of the mill stupidity. This is advanced stupidity." -nickizgr8
#43pothocketPosted 8/22/2014 10:27:42 AM
I didn't know you could play with all the heroes at once, that's amazing.
---
http://i.imgur.com/aBZ2Gww.gif http://i.imgur.com/HnzWmt3.gif
#44DaedalusExPosted 8/22/2014 10:34:33 AM
anonymous46773 posted...
You really don't. Just play the ones you're best at, and that's all you really need.

It's still not a level playing field, regardless of what you feel is needed.

pothocket posted...
I didn't know you could play with all the heroes at once, that's amazing.

You can pick from all of them at once.
#45GunmaN1905Posted 8/22/2014 10:36:25 AM
anonymous46773 posted...
GunmaN1905 posted...
anonymous46773 posted...
DaedalusEx posted...
anonymous46773 posted...

Well then, lol is even worse than I thought, because in dota, every single hero is perfectly viable even at pro level, except for maybe 1-2 that are garbage currently, and there are no 2 heroes that can fill exact same role.
#46anonymous46773Posted 8/22/2014 10:38:14 AM
Playing a character you're not as good at because it's slightly better in the meta is nowhere near as effective as using a champion that covers the same role that you are better at. Completely level playing field. As said, the only time that it wouldn't be a level playing field is if someone happened to hit the skill cap in the game and played perfectly with every champion. That hasn't happened yet. With anyone. And never will, so it's a moot point.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#47anonymous46773Posted 8/22/2014 10:39:40 AM
Well then, lol is even worse than I thought, because in dota, every single hero is perfectly viable even at pro level, except for maybe 1-2 that are garbage currently, and there are no 2 heroes that can fill exact same role.

The meta is less strict with Dota than it is with LoL. And yes, pretty much every champion is viable at pro level, but you (the person playing them) are not on the level to play all of them.
---
#48DaedalusExPosted 8/22/2014 10:43:07 AM
anonymous46773 posted...
Completely level playing field.

You don't seem to know what that term means. Here, let me help you:

"A level playing field is a concept about fairness, not that each player has an equal chance to succeed, but that they all play by the same set of rules."

If player A can pick more/different champions than player B they are playing by a different set of rules. That is objectively not a level playing field.
#49pothocketPosted 8/22/2014 10:44:14 AM
Playing a character you're not as good at because it's slightly better in the meta is nowhere near as effective as using a champion that covers the same role that you are better at.

Haven't you heard? This is GameFAQs, where it's only ok to argue about games on paper. The logic of playing games in the real world does not apply.

If your character can technically do X amount of DPS on paper, rest assured, it's ok to argue that your character does X DPS every day all day without exception. That's how discussion on this site works.
---
http://i.imgur.com/aBZ2Gww.gif http://i.imgur.com/HnzWmt3.gif
#50anonymous46773Posted 8/22/2014 10:46:13 AM
DaedalusEx posted...
anonymous46773 posted...
Completely level playing field.

You don't seem to know what that term means. Here, let me help you:

"A level playing field is a concept about fairness, not that each player has an equal chance to succeed, but that they all play by the same set of rules."

If player A can pick more/different champions than player B they are playing by a different set of rules. That is objectively not a level playing field.

And when you are in a game, being able to choose from the other hundred or so champions is completely irrelevant.
---