This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Free to Play games worth trying?

#61JYLE_BrHPosted 8/22/2014 12:57:19 PM
Good F2P games? TF2 and Path of Exile. LoL as well, if you can deal with the community and inevitable rage you will endure somewhere down the line while playing it, and if you enjoy MOBAs; I've heard Dota 2 is a very good one as well, but I've never tried it out myself. World of Tanks isn't bad either, but it has the pay2progress system, so I'd just say it's okay-ish. Pretty much everything else is garbage and tries it's very best to annoy/frustrate you into paying to either progress or win. Really, it just comes down to whether you enjoy the game and how much money video games are worth to you, I suppose. After all, F2P games do have the very worst value, generally, so always be wary.
#62Another_CyzykPosted 8/22/2014 3:56:31 PM
The line about League of Legends being P2W is pure stupid.

There are players in exceptionally high brackets who almost exclusively play a single champion. Anniebot does it with Annie, who is one of the cheapest chapions in terms of IP (currency gained just by playing, not real money).

Since you will most likely NEVER be as good as him, and certainly won't be in Diamond for a couple of years anyway, the complaints about "P2W" and buying champions in League is entirely off base.

My source? I was gold in solo queue ranked, owned over 80 champs, and only ever bought one champ with RP (real money)- Brand. I haven't played him in ranked for nearly two years.
#63muchmusic64Posted 8/22/2014 4:00:13 PM
Marvel Heroes.

Marvel Heroes x 10 if you liked D2 and thought D3 was garbage.
#64ThePonyColliePosted 8/22/2014 4:00:53 PM
Warface
---
How to easily gain publicity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5-51PfwI3M
#65snesmaster40Posted 8/22/2014 4:03:50 PM
Happy Wars is great fun.
---
Are we not men?
#66GunmaN1905Posted 8/22/2014 4:08:55 PM
Another_Cyzyk posted...
The line about League of Legends being P2W is pure stupid.

There are players in exceptionally high brackets who almost exclusively play a single champion. Anniebot does it with Annie, who is one of the cheapest chapions in terms of IP (currency gained just by playing, not real money).

Since you will most likely NEVER be as good as him, and certainly won't be in Diamond for a couple of years anyway, the complaints about "P2W" and buying champions in League is entirely off base.

My source? I was gold in solo queue ranked, owned over 80 champs, and only ever bought one champ with RP (real money)- Brand. I haven't played him in ranked for nearly two years.

Who cares, there are players in every single game that main some hero/champion/character/car/rifle/planet/whatever.

If you CAN GAIN ADVANTAGE BY PAYING FOR SOMETHING, GAME IS NOT FREE TO PLAY.

End of discussion. Only real f2p games are ones where you can't gain any actual gameplay advantage by buying stuff.
Period.
#67anonymous46773Posted 8/22/2014 4:12:55 PM
Except you don't gain an advantage by paying money in LoL.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#68Shinigami2784Posted 8/22/2014 4:15:29 PM
Phantasy Star Online 2
Marvel Heroes
Path of Exile
Tera
---
It's a trick, get an axe.
#69GunmaN1905Posted 8/22/2014 4:15:59 PM
anonymous46773 posted...

You gain advantage of playing heroes you'd otherwise have to grind for.
#70anonymous46773Posted 8/22/2014 4:19:01 PM
GunmaN1905 posted...
anonymous46773 posted...

You gain advantage of playing heroes you'd otherwise have to grind for.

Except those heroes are not inherently better than any other heroes.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.