This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Losing games from steam?

#1OrangePoetPosted 8/22/2014 12:07:34 PM
How likely is it for steam to screw up and delete all of your games you paid for? If that happens, are you screwed or is there a way to get your games back?
---
XBL Gamertag: oPUNCHDRUNKo
It's not a matter of luck,It's just a matter of time
#2TimePharaohPosted 8/22/2014 12:08:03 PM
100% guaranteed it'll happen
#3SlashmanSGPosted 8/22/2014 12:08:24 PM
I don't think I've even heard of that happening.
---
Fight Science with Wood
http://i.imgur.com/Um0p3xx.gif http://i.imgur.com/MIbbUHB.gif
#4FalxXDPosted 8/22/2014 12:10:00 PM
If it did happen, they would be able to restore the games, they know what you've unlocked.

But this is not remotely likely.
---
I was modded once for saying please understand, when I challenged it the mod said please understand.
#5wizardmonPosted 8/22/2014 12:11:56 PM
TimePharaoh posted...
100% guaranteed it'll happen

Confirmed.
Confirmed.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#6SinisterSlayPosted 8/22/2014 12:18:00 PM
Hasn't happened yet so, 0% chance.
If it ever happens then we can come up with a % chance.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#7DiviDudePosted 8/22/2014 1:05:26 PM
SinisterSlay posted...

Can't tell if serious.
#8SinisterSlayPosted 8/22/2014 1:10:12 PM
DiviDude posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

Can't tell if serious.

The logic of "it has never happened so we don't know the odds of it happening" don't make sense to you?
Or are you saying this has in fact happened before and we therefore know odds of it happening?
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#9CatToyPosted 8/22/2014 1:20:17 PM
This isn't possible. Your licenses aren't stored on your computer, they're stored on your account, on Valves servers. You simply can't lose games.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#10DiviDudePosted 8/22/2014 1:27:11 PM(edited)
The logic of "it has never happened so we don't know the odds of it happening" don't make sense to you?

That's not what you said, though. You said it has never happened, therefore it has a zero percent chance of happening. "Hasn't happened yet so, 0% chance." That is different than saying "we don't know the odds of it happening." You seem to be confusing the idea of a data derived point estimate and the true probability of something happening. That is, a point estimate of 0% (i.e. hasn't ever happened yet) does not imply that the true probability is 0%. Especially in a case like this where a point estimate is likely to miss any outliers, of which the event in question qualifies.