This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Prominent PC indie developer in bed with gaming journalists, and other PC devs.

#191KanthakaPosted 8/24/2014 6:39:45 AM
SchoolRumble posted...
lol shes outed herself as a hoe idk why everyones making a big deal out of it. slutty women run rampant around the world.

Again, it's not just about Quinn being a "hoe".
---
Don't mess with Kanthaka, he's stronger than Gheb. - lhatesourkraut
#192kblaze13Posted 8/24/2014 7:01:26 AM
Kanthaka posted...
SchoolRumble posted...
lol shes outed herself as a hoe idk why everyones making a big deal out of it. slutty women run rampant around the world.

Again, it's not just about Quinn being a "hoe".

exactly but because that's what the few websites are trying to make it seem like that's why people are thinking.

Which goes to defeat the argument that nobody believes game journalism does it not?

which goes to show the nepotism, the clique, the pushing of agendas, and complete lack of integrity does need to be talked about.
---
Iightningz posted...
I hate Lightning.
#193YombieePosted 8/24/2014 8:17:41 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#194AerothosPosted 8/24/2014 9:36:52 AM
Kanthaka posted...

This isn't about her sex life, she's about as skany as they come, but no one cares about that. For me, this isn't even about her screwing for reviews/job/ect.. I don't like that either, It means i cant trust online reviews from most sites, but that's the smaller issue for me here. For me, this is about bringing down a tyrannical dictator and her regime. Does anyone else see the similarity between her legion of followers and the gestapo? Threatening and silencing anyone who speaks out against her with losing there jobs? Even though many of these people don't even work in the same building as her? Mods and admins on sites across the net told, "if you talk about this, you will be fired." by there bosses.

These people are scared to come forward or do so with aliases, which shows they fully believe she has the power to ruin there careers over a paragraph. That spits in the face of freedom of speech. That shows a far from innocent person with more power over other human beings lives than any human being should have. If we were talking about brick and mortar buildings and buisineses being harassed like this it would all be highly illegal. People like them are protected from people like her by the laws of our society for a VERY good reason, BECAUSE IT'S WRONG!

What she did to the Fine young capitalists is horrific. They saw that only 2% of women make games, and being decent human beings decided they could do a little something to change that. They used there money and contacts to offer a hand full of women a development team to have their idea's created. These women will get 8% of the royalties (since these are mobile games that will stay downloadable likely for decades, that's a hell of a nice deal), and the rest will go to charity. A beautiful idea, from good, noble, people.

In steps Zoe screaming "That's oppressive to women!" "why? how?" Zoe: "You don't understand! It just is!" That's literally the best reason she got from her camp as to what was wrong with what they were doing. They were handing these women golden tickets, opportunities to have there idea's made. i.e. the literally opposite of oppression. So either her definition of the word is the opposite of everyone else's or she had another reason not to like the idea. hmmmmm. She had a gamejam going the same night as these guys event, and it would have likely diverted some attention from her and cost her a few bucks. Could that be the reason she saw it as oppressive? Ah! That's it! they were holding her back! i.e. Oppressing her!

She sent forth her gestapo, crashed the Capitalists site, and after thoroughly running there name through the mud no one wanted to help them. They could get support from no one in the industry. No one wanted to be associated with them for fear of being associated with sexist scam artists. In there utube channel they talk about how hard it was to get ANYONE to listen to them, with the general response of "well if Zoe says it's sexist, then it is...because ya know, she's a feminist!". When they finally did get people to help them, the same people that told them they were horrible, came back to tell them "You shouldn't be getting funding from THOSE people, it's not good for you." If this was a hate campaign of Hardee's vs. McDonald's, Hardee's would get sued, and lose that law suit, because it's wrong.

Does anyone else see how she has entirely too much power for our own good? Does anyone else see the dictatorship she has? 2 of those games are just what I want, great ideas, and SHE'S oppressing the creators of them.
#195RanguePosted 8/24/2014 9:53:09 AM
Aerothos posted...

Does anyone else see how she has entirely too much power for our own good? Does anyone else see the dictatorship she has? 2 of those games are just what I want, great ideas, and SHE'S oppressing the creators of them.

We have had 2600 posts in locked/deleted threads about this so far on the PC board alone. Trust me, people understand. I am sure it is driving them crazy that the apologists and defenders get called out on their BS whenever they try and detail the thread.
---
PSN: BigPenguin
XBL: BigRoundPenguin
#196SlashmanSGPosted 8/24/2014 9:58:23 AM
Rangue posted...
Aerothos posted...

We have had 2600 posts in locked/deleted threads about this so far on the PC board alone. Trust me, people understand. I am sure it is driving them crazy that the apologists and defenders get called out on their BS whenever they try and detail the thread.

Hell, on the Escapist the thread is at 7200 posts. It's not a little thing.
---
Fight Science with Wood
http://i.imgur.com/Um0p3xx.gif http://i.imgur.com/MIbbUHB.gif
#197GneseukPosted 8/24/2014 10:05:21 AM
When I first read about this, I was ready to dismiss it as just another internet drama with sjw/fems. But the censoring and suppression of discussions really piqued my curiosity.

What exactly is this woman to all these defenders? After all the BS she's pulled, how can all these people defend her and her actions? How can she have this much pull? Does she have dirt on all these scumbags pretending to be 'journalists'?

Also, how can there be no unbiased coverage of this on any of the larger gaming news sites? Are they that swayed by the notion that she''ll be harassed? Is it just to 'protect' Zoe from the 'mean internets'? As if there weren't enough reasons to see them as a joke before already. Geez...
#198AerothosPosted 8/24/2014 10:16:49 AM
Rangue posted...
Aerothos posted...

I hope she see's what i type, i truly do. I hope she see's that we see right into her morally bankrupt, greedy, manipulative, lying heart and soul and want her kind out of OUR industry. When ever anyone defends her, or says "all of this over an affair?" i will type a very lengthy post spelling out in black and white what she's done and why this must continue. She should be in jail for some of the things she's done. I just can't stand the idea of her stopping those people from making games that are by far better than her BS depression quest.

So far I've only posted here because it's the only game site I've ever visited/needed, but maybe it's time to make a few accounts elsewhere and slap down a few rants. Make a utube channel and use them as scripts...What big sites are we allowed to talk about this at?

It would be awesome if everyone threw Gabriella Knight a positive comment on her blog btw, she very much deserves our thanks and support of the inside look into the indie scene.
#199kblaze13Posted 8/24/2014 10:20:13 AM
Aerothos posted...
What big sites are we allowed to talk about this at?

none of them...hence one of the issues..

Escapist is allowing it NOW, but when it all started to come out they were locking it down just like every other site, GFAQS was the only site allowing it for a good while.
---
Iightningz posted...
I hate Lightning.
#200CrapFactoryPosted 8/24/2014 10:24:09 AM
I'm in a place to know what's going on from a much closer perspective. I don't know the gal but I know a friend of hers. Long story short there's just a LOT of misinformation flowing around the internet about the situation that is just frustrating the people involved. The random internet "heroes" have mixed a lot of truths with a lot of non-truths to make it all sound 10x worse. But you cannot reason with the internet :P (think of when Reddit sicked people on innocent other people because they got the information wrong lol whoops). Most are just suggesting they weather the whole thing until it dies down. No amount of truth or education will calm the hordes of trolls. It's out there though but buried in bullcrap.
---
5026 4452 4730 -3DS