This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Prominent PC indie developer in bed with gaming journalists, and other PC devs.

#201CaptainBaschPosted 8/24/2014 9:34:00 AM(edited)
The thing that I've noticed about a lot of people(not sites, just the normal, everyday people) that are defending Zoe, is that they seem to either be ignoring the evidence, or genuinely not know what's going on (and after seeing a friend of mine defending her on Facebook and linking to one of the stupidly biased articles, I'm damn certain this is the case).

I mean, I can understand why they wouldn't believe, I'm still sceptical as hell about the Chelsea Van Valkenburg thing. But the fact that so many people still think this is a slut-shaming against a dev by misogynistic gamers just because she's female implies that the censorship is working. We need to keep finding evidence, sort the lies from the truth, keep building our case, and find a way to convince people we're not just a bunch of trolls in tinfoil hats.

Edit: I'd like to emphasise the "sort the lies from the truth" part. Getting things wrong is going to make it a lot less convincing for us.
---
"Without Mona's help, I'd be a dead man. Suddenly, for the first time in I don't know how long, I realized, I didn't wish to be dead."
~Max Payne
#202RosencroitzPosted 8/24/2014 9:30:40 AM
CrapFactory posted...
I'm in a place to know what's going on from a much closer perspective. I don't know the gal but I know a friend of hers. Long story short there's just a LOT of misinformation flowing around the internet about the situation that is just frustrating the people involved. The random internet "heroes" have mixed a lot of truths with a lot of non-truths to make it all sound 10x worse. But you cannot reason with the internet :P (think of when Reddit sicked people on innocent other people because they got the information wrong lol whoops). Most are just suggesting they weather the whole thing until it dies down. No amount of truth or education will calm the hordes of trolls. It's out there though but buried in bullcrap.

Boy, you sure do sound non-biased. Yeah, the vicious "hordes of trolls" with their photographic evidence and basic logic will never be considered "educated," simply because they refuse to bend over. Those evil people!
---
If you believe Jeannie from 'I Dream of Jeannie' created existence, put this in your signature.
#203DerPancakePosted 8/24/2014 9:31:50 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#204ShadowThaReaper(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2014 9:33:11 AM
CrapFactory posted...
I'm in a place to know what's going on from a much closer perspective. I don't know the gal but I know a friend of hers. Long story short there's just a LOT of misinformation flowing around the internet about the situation that is just frustrating the people involved. The random internet "heroes" have mixed a lot of truths with a lot of non-truths to make it all sound 10x worse. But you cannot reason with the internet :P (think of when Reddit sicked people on innocent other people because they got the information wrong lol whoops). Most are just suggesting they weather the whole thing until it dies down. No amount of truth or education will calm the hordes of trolls. It's out there though but buried in bullcrap.

Tell us what you know or shut the hell up.

We have tons of evidence and you ain't got a damn thing.
#205Terra GhaleonPosted 8/24/2014 9:33:42 AM
CrapFactory posted...

Funny, it all almost went away until she made a big "I will not negotiate with terrorists" blog post along with 24000 deleted comments on reddit. Without those 2 things she would've successfully avoided the attention.
---
http://lostfacts.net
#206HighOnPhazonPosted 8/24/2014 9:37:17 AM
CrapFactory is 100% lying here.
---
PC Gaming - The Only Way
i5 3570K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650
#207AerothosPosted 8/24/2014 9:42:08 AM
CrapFactory posted...

There's certainly a lot of misinformation, but there are also a lot of undeniable truths that are backed up by lots of evidence. The undeniable truths alone are enough to warrant whats happening to her. She's shut down an event for female developers with her army. We have proof. Her army tried to destroy those peoples career in the game industry. We have proof. She has money flowing into her accounts for donations for her game jams. We have proof. Her army is threatening peoples career's if they dare speak about this. We have proof. Do i need to go on, because i easily could. Let me make something clear, a lot of people will not let this die, there is no weathering this, this is the red spot of jupiter, an unending storm 3x larger than her world.

We are not a angry mob with pitch forks, we are paladin's weilding holy blade's of morality and evidence. We are not an angry mob with torches, if she is being burned, it is by the light of justice being focused, magnified, and directed under the lens of truth.
#208djaoniPosted 8/24/2014 9:43:06 AM
HighOnPhazon posted...
CrapFactory is 100% lying here.

His kind is on every site with a thread on the matter. Even the smaller ones.

Pretty sure the "SJWs" told people to do it. Don't see why so many random people would go around derailing these threads otherwise.
#209kblaze13Posted 8/24/2014 9:45:49 AM
wait so this person(s) is hopping sites saying that without anything to back up the claims?

and this same person(s) wants to say we're the ones with misinformation?
---
Iightningz posted...
I hate Lightning.
#210CaptainBaschPosted 8/24/2014 9:48:59 AM
kblaze13 posted...
wait so this person(s) is hopping sites saying that without anything to back up the claims?

and this same person(s) wants to say we're the ones with misinformation?

It's troll logic. Don't try to understand it.
---
"Without Mona's help, I'd be a dead man. Suddenly, for the first time in I don't know how long, I realized, I didn't wish to be dead."
~Max Payne