This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Prominent PC indie developer in bed with gaming journalists, and other PC devs.

#221kblaze13Posted 8/24/2014 11:39:37 AM
I would argue that console gamers are no longer unable to raise their voice.

smartphones have access to do so, even the consoles themselves now have the capability to not only venture out onto the web but to post on forums using them.
---
Iightningz posted...
I hate Lightning.
#222RosencroitzPosted 8/24/2014 12:57:35 PM
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/women-making-video-games-for-charity

Looks like it's back up now.
---
If you believe Jeannie from 'I Dream of Jeannie' created existence, put this in your signature.
#223kblaze13Posted 8/24/2014 1:22:44 PM(edited)
Why is Yombiee deleting their own posts I see nothing really offensive or wrong in them for the short amount of time they are up.

In fact that last one kind of brought up some points that are completely worth discussing.
---
Iightningz posted...
I hate Lightning.
#224CaptainBaschPosted 8/24/2014 1:28:36 PM
Yeah, that post was actually kind of interesting.
---
"Without Mona's help, I'd be a dead man. Suddenly, for the first time in I don't know how long, I realized, I didn't wish to be dead."
~Max Payne
#225Shadow DonPosted 8/24/2014 1:41:28 PM
CrapFactory posted...
I'm in a place to know what's going on from a much closer perspective. I don't know the gal but I know a friend of hers. Long story short there's just a LOT of misinformation flowing around the internet about the situation that is just frustrating the people involved. The random internet "heroes" have mixed a lot of truths with a lot of non-truths to make it all sound 10x worse. But you cannot reason with the internet :P (think of when Reddit sicked people on innocent other people because they got the information wrong lol whoops). Most are just suggesting they weather the whole thing until it dies down. No amount of truth or education will calm the hordes of trolls. It's out there though but buried in bullcrap.

A lot of the stuff going around is just speculation so I can understand your position here regarding that, but what about the stuff with legit evidence? Does she not have a reasonable explanation for those things?

And its not just about zoe anymore. A lot of people need to answer for their actions. The one pic with patricia hernandez shows even more blatant conflict of interest.
#226CharmilePosted 8/24/2014 1:42:19 PM(edited)
kblaze13 posted...
Why is Yombiee deleting their own posts I see nothing really offensive or wrong in them for the short amount of time they are up.

In fact that last one kind of brought up some points that are completely worth discussing.

Could be a case of self-awareness

"Oh I just posted that will further action against Zoe/gaming journalism...uh oh"

Or just trying to remove himself from the situation, or perhaps he thought it would be misinterpreted

What was in the last post, if you recall?
---
The problem with restraining speech is, who gets to set the rules? If it's only okay in a certain time or place, who gets to say what time and what place?
#227kblaze13Posted 8/24/2014 1:43:49 PM
I'm sure i'm not getting all of it as it was a fairly long post.

but one of the points was that as access to information grows people are becoming more vocal about it and what was once only a minority that could be ignored is growing in numbers so that it cannot be.
---
Iightningz posted...
I hate Lightning.
#228CharmilePosted 8/24/2014 1:52:39 PM
kblaze13 posted...
I'm sure i'm not getting all of it as it was a fairly long post.

but one of the points was that as access to information grows people are becoming more vocal about it and what was once only a minority that could be ignored is growing in numbers so that it cannot be.

That's valid point, it surely has come a long way, denial will be even less.

Hmm interesting to delete such a talking point
---
The problem with restraining speech is, who gets to set the rules? If it's only okay in a certain time or place, who gets to say what time and what place?
#229RosencroitzPosted 8/24/2014 2:06:00 PM
Rosencroitz posted...

And dead again. The ****?
---
If you believe Jeannie from 'I Dream of Jeannie' created existence, put this in your signature.
#230CharmilePosted 8/24/2014 2:13:16 PM
Rosencroitz posted...

Rosencroitz posted...
Rosencroitz posted...

And dead again. The ****?

It would seem the battlefield has been established then, such a shame to happen to something with good intentions.
---