This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Prominent PC indie developer in bed with gaming journalists, and other PC devs.

#231Video_Game_CzarPosted 8/24/2014 1:13:55 PM
Rosencroitz posted...
Rosencroitz posted...
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/women-making-video-games-for-charity

Looks like it's back up now.

And dead again. The ****?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JuK1Yr35Io
---
PSN: VideoGameCzar l Steam: VideoGameCzar l FC: 0146-9981-6140 I
#232YombieePosted 8/24/2014 1:19:55 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#233YombieePosted 8/24/2014 1:20:10 PM
#234kblaze13Posted 8/24/2014 1:20:57 PM
Charmile posted...
It would seem the battlefield has been established then, such a shame to happen to something with good intentions.

which makes no sense. These people other then the initial thing where all they said was their side of the story haven't been promoting attacks or attacking anyone...they just want to do EXACTLY what you would think people on both sides of the argument want.

People want open accounts of who is involved with developing a game so that no bias is shown in the journalism...they are doing that.

People want more females involved in the development of games...they are doing that.

Other then the fact 4chan openly donated (which if you have that kind of blind hatred....you need to what is it they say "check your s***" or something like that) how can anyone possibly justify an attack there?

I know I know they have some twisted way of justifying in their own heads, the question was more rhetorical and disbelief then serious.

Although I will say it may not actually be under attack...there is a bit of nuisance groups DDoS'ing things today and they may just be suffering from that kind of crap.
---
Iightningz posted...
I hate Lightning.
#235CovenantPosted 8/24/2014 1:51:36 PM
kblaze13 posted...
People want more females involved in the development of games...they are doing that.

You have two parties:

One party is genuinely interested in advancing the cause.
The other party is using the cause as a platform to advance their own interests.

The second party has to monopolize the cause in order to consolidate their powerbase for use as leverage. This means that other parties succeeding in advancing the cause is bad for them. As such, they have to sabotage the first party whenever they begin to make headway.
#236CharmilePosted 8/24/2014 1:56:11 PM
Quite possible kblaze13 and it seems our associate has struck again

Posted about Microtransactions and about how EA needs to recognize its larger pc base from the SimCity incident along with the use of fake accounts, shilling. It even featured a link to a deleted topic.
---
The problem with restraining speech is, who gets to set the rules? If it's only okay in a certain time or place, who gets to say what time and what place?
#237kblaze13Posted 8/24/2014 2:46:43 PM(edited)
Like I said justify it in their own twisted minds

at this point Yombiee is teasing me...that last time I thought it was going to be up for everyone to read since it really is good discussion pieces.

and f*** this Shadowgate remake....can't even kill a goblin with a spear...grr...
---
Iightningz posted...
I hate Lightning.
#238CharmilePosted 8/24/2014 3:24:01 PM(edited)
Doing a bit of googling to see how the issue, and while we have nice base of coverage focusing on the actual issue, it is disappointing that the top article blames misogyny.

High Road option taken
---
The problem with restraining speech is, who gets to set the rules? If it's only okay in a certain time or place, who gets to say what time and what place?
#239YombieePosted 8/24/2014 2:44:03 PM
#240FaPaThYPosted 8/24/2014 3:01:54 PM(edited)
Charmile posted...

And I would like to remind everyone that this actually happened:
http://nichegamer.net/media/2014/08/zoe-quinn-08-20-14-1.png

Pretty sure that was shopped.

Be great if people stopped spreading that and other old/wrong info around. Ie. Still seeing people tweet at her about 'reviews' when it was coverage she gained, because of course the other side will cherry pick easy to shoot down issues like that and use it against us.
---
"Because I realize I want you. Guts." | "....... Are you a ****?"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Malicii/