This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Prominent PC indie developer in bed with gaming journalists, and other PC devs.

#31RanguePosted 8/22/2014 7:11:54 PM
LaManoNeraII posted...
Prominent...?

Award winning game developer with a game that has been featured on the front page of steam. Better?
---
PSN: BigPenguin
XBL: BigRoundPenguin
#32DetectiveZPosted 8/22/2014 7:21:18 PM(edited)
A bit off topic, I was going to EB games to get a steam card.
And guess what I see right beside it getting built.

"Five Guys"

I'm seriously wondering if because of Zoe Quinn, would they would be getting more customers?

On topic, was there any proof of the suicide from wizardchan?
That being said, does Phil Fish really think selling his company is going to affect his attackers?
Or in fact, even benefit him?
---
3DS FC: 1504-5928-8042
Krabby, Poliwhirl and Floatzel
#33ShadowShirePosted 8/22/2014 7:23:57 PM
DetectiveZ posted...
And guess what I see right beside me getting built.

"Five Guys"

That being said, does Phil Fish really think selling his company is going to affect his attackers?

So far there hasn't been any proof(at least not yet)
Phil Fish is (mainly) doing a poor job in trying to cover up his a**.
It is not even funny.
#34BobaFattPosted 8/22/2014 7:28:05 PM(edited)
Rangue posted...
jammymacster posted...

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.858347-Zoe-Quinn-and-the-surrounding-controversy?page=122#21296963
-snip-
Sorry if this has already been mentioned.

HAHAHA, that is not an apology, he is flat out saying that he is being forced to say this by higher ups in escapist, and he still believes what he posted the first 2 times.

He's not even apologizing for or even really acknowledging any recent events at all. The only thing he's talking about is updating this article to reflect that the claims there have not been substantiated:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/130525-Depression-Quest-Dev-Faces-Harassment-after-Steam-Submission-Update

The "update" didn't even change the tone of the article. It says the same thing it did before but now throws in the word "allegedly". No additional information, no explanation of what wizardchan actually is, no apology for not checking facts, nothing. It's still an article about someone being (now allegedly) harassed by some random group for no real reason other than gender.

Rosencroitz posted...

What a piece of ****. No remorse whatsoever over the people that were *actually* hurt over the article, and no apology for them.

Exactly.

Sterling also has a slightly similar tone on the next page; not about that article, but basically: "I'm sorry... I still believe I'm right, though, so not really. Hopefully you'll shut up now."

It looks like apparently things are finally heading into damage control mode; "They're not going to stop, so start saying some stuff they want to hear so they'll think they've won and let it go."

Judging by all the comments there praising Tito's "apology", it's having the exact effect they wanted it to.
---
"Meaning" is the sum of the lies we tell ourselves to make our lives seem worth it.
#35RanguePosted 8/22/2014 7:27:58 PM
DetectiveZ posted...

"Five Guys"

I'm seriously wondering if because of Zoe Quinn, would they would be getting more customers?

Proof that it happened? Kinda, there is an internet memorial and stuff, no like, death certificate though. Proof that it was due to harassment due to Zoe? No, zero proof. However it does line up with the timeline of harassment.

Phil Fish has said 4+ times since he published fez that he is quitting the industry. He has deleted his twitter at least 3 times. He is... extremely prone to overreaction and outbursts.

Lastly 5 guys does not need this kind of drama to get customers, they already were preferred by me over in&out for years, and I know many people agree given their profits. They get customers with great fast food burgers.
---
PSN: BigPenguin
XBL: BigRoundPenguin
#36ChromaticAngelPosted 8/22/2014 7:58:15 PM
it his hilarious and pathetic that you are describing Zoe Quinn as a prominent indie developer. The only thing she is famous for is for making the internet explode.
---
RPG Spotlight: Divinity: Original Sin http://store.steampowered.com/app/230230/
Short Summary: http://pastebin.com/W5VSkrTC
#37RosencroitzPosted 8/22/2014 8:01:17 PM
Rangue posted...
DetectiveZ posted...

"Five Guys"

Proof that it happened? Kinda, there is an internet memorial and stuff, no like, death certificate though. Proof that it was due to harassment due to Zoe? No, zero proof. However it does line up with the timeline of harassment.

Phil Fish has said 4+ times since he published fez that he is quitting the industry. He has deleted his twitter at least 3 times. He is... extremely prone to overreaction and outbursts.

Lastly 5 guys does not need this kind of drama to get customers, they already were preferred by me over in&out for years, and I know many people agree given their profits. They get customers with great fast food burgers.

Do you have a link to the memorial? I wasn't able to find anything like that when I was looking.
---
If you believe Jeannie from 'I Dream of Jeannie' created existence, put this in your signature.
#38RosencroitzPosted 8/22/2014 8:01:19 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#39Richardthe3rdPosted 8/22/2014 8:04:19 PM
ChromaticAngel posted...
it his hilarious and pathetic that you are describing Zoe Quinn as a prominent indie developer. The only thing she is famous for is for making the internet explode.

I literally don't think anyone could honestly refer to her in that way if they tried her game.
---
Nintendo: Want me to buy a WiiU?
MAKE A NEW F-ZERO
#40runromPosted 8/22/2014 8:15:26 PM
Hey guys, it's Friday. Anyone down for a Five Guys Burgers and Fries food run?
---
MBP 2009 | i5 3570k @ 4.4ghz | AMD 7870 | PS Vita | Nintendo 3DS | HP Touchpad
Now part of the 500 posts club.