This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Prominent PC indie developer in bed with gaming journalists, and other PC devs.

#361Nex-Gen63759Posted 8/26/2014 2:08:03 PM
Starting to believe no one in these threads have a life so they continue to read about every important detail of someone else life.
#362jammymacsterPosted 8/26/2014 2:14:53 PM
Nex-Gen63759 posted...
Starting to believe no one in these threads have a life so they continue to read about every important detail of someone else life.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.
---
http://goo.gl/UEC2Y
#363ShadowThaReaper(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2014 2:34:53 PM
Nex-Gen63759 posted...

And?
#364CaptainBaschPosted 8/26/2014 2:35:24 PM
One thing I have to ask...

The whole "Zoe Quinn is an alias" thing. How sure are we of that? I mean, the video that was linked claims that her name is Chelsea Van Valkenburg, and her family are pretty rich and influential. It's far fetched, but there seems to be evidence suggesting it's true,and if it is, it would explain a lot of this censorship. How sure are we that this is true?
---
"Without Mona's help, I'd be a dead man. Suddenly, for the first time in I don't know how long, I realized, I didn't wish to be dead."
~Max Payne
#365snesmaster40Posted 8/26/2014 2:38:46 PM
CaptainBasch posted...

The whole "Zoe Quinn is an alias" thing. How sure are we of that? I mean, the video that was linked claims that her name is Chelsea Van Valkenburg, and her family are pretty rich and influential. It's far fetched, but there seems to be evidence suggesting it's true,and if it is, it would explain a lot of this censorship. How sure are we that this is true?

That's for you to decide. We'll most likely never know the truth.
---
Are we not men?
#366BilliePilgrimPosted 8/26/2014 2:41:22 PM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
Nex-Gen63759 posted...

And?

And it's kinda sad
---
i5 2500k @ 4.2| Corsair H60 | EVGA GTX 670 | MSI P67A-GD55 | 8GB DDR3 1600 | Fractal Design Define XL | 750W PSU
http://i.imgur.com/9bAOZZq.jpg
#367SlashmanSGPosted 8/26/2014 2:52:44 PM
jammymacster posted...
Once again, sorry if this has already been posted. Hard to keep track of everything going on in these topics.
http://robsimple.wordpress.com/2014/08/26/quinnnspiracyinternetapocalypse/

Wow, I didn't know Max Scoville said that s***. How the hell did he not get fired?
---
Fight Science with Wood
http://i.imgur.com/Um0p3xx.gif http://i.imgur.com/MIbbUHB.gif
#368Richardthe3rdPosted 8/26/2014 2:57:48 PM
BilliePilgrim posted...
ShadowThaReaper posted...
Nex-Gen63759 posted...

And?

And it's kinda sad

I'm honestly not judging whether anyone's life is sad or not, I just want gaming "journalism" to be referred to as propaganda and get major sponsors to pull their advertisement funding from them because they're volatile sources that may stir dissent in their readership.

Also, you shouldn't pass judgment on other people's lives partner.
---
Nintendo: Want me to buy a WiiU?
MAKE A NEW F-ZERO
#369JesterZZNPosted 8/26/2014 3:44:31 PM(edited)
CaptainBasch posted...

Her boyfriend indirectly confirmed it when he said that he intentionally didn't use her real name but rather her nom de plume in order to shield her from harassment. People then found that her personal domain name is registered to a different name, and an internet search pulled up a flickr site with pictures of a girl that looks just like Zoe Quinn and that linked to a Zoe Quinn site.

So, pretty damn sure.

There was also a site by "some guy" that had pictures of all his RPG friends on it. One of them was Chelsea Van Valkenburg with a picture of a girl that looked remarkable like Zoe Quinn. But that site was vaporized shortly after being discovered.

And for the record, I think the real name stuff is entirely irrelevant, and her family should be left out of it. There is no way that they have the clout to do this kind of media black out. None.

The media blackout is due to ideology and CYA.
#370OUberLordPosted 8/26/2014 3:54:28 PM
Further proof that the majority of this movement is entirely about harassing one person, and less and less about actually addressing the nepotism in the industry as has been claimed.