This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Prominent PC indie developer in bed with gaming journalists, and other PC devs.

#381AerothosPosted 8/26/2014 5:11:45 PM(edited)
MaddScience posted...
than this should be too. hell, it's better.

Lmao, yes it is! I post that link a few pages ago as well. DQ is longer, and does have the happy/sad mechanic. but OQ has such an intriguing story, engrossing sound, and incredible graphics!(::cough::by comparison::cough:: Plus achievements! The creator seriously should expand that with dlc as we go along with this. : P

Edit:I had to post a link to it on Rob Simple's article. We gotta support our indies, and let there work be seen ya know?
#382Felix6464Posted 8/26/2014 6:26:47 PM
MaddScience posted...
than this should be too. hell, it's better.

It's sad how true this is.
---
ElectricMole posted...
Yoshi's wooly world needs a trim or a bikini waxing.
#383JesterZZNPosted 8/26/2014 7:09:41 PM
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/818/811/816.png

Two things:

1. At least Kotaku was shamed into doing one thing right.

2. It's just damn sad how oblivious these "reporters" are. Poor baby can't give his money to the people he sources in articles? Awwww.. Clearly this is oppression.
#384Terra GhaleonPosted 8/26/2014 7:43:19 PM
JesterZZN posted...
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/818/811/816.png

Two things:

1. At least Kotaku was shamed into doing one thing right.

2. It's just damn sad how oblivious these "reporters" are. Poor baby can't give his money to the people he sources in articles? Awwww.. Clearly this is oppression.

hahaha delicious
---
http://lostfacts.net
#385Robotron2084Posted 8/26/2014 7:46:28 PM
Wonderful how they created a problem that never existed in video games and then became our saviors with an agenda. Most of them come from an expensive education. They all group hang out, drink together, sleep together and look down on the rest of us like were trash.

Even today most of their tweets against Jontron are nothing but high school bully tactics when he raised some serious concerns. It's great seeing white dudes calling all white dudes evil. All the talk about slush funds, bribery, real sexism and favoritism is ignored.

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize."
-Voltaire
#386Red_JesterPosted 8/26/2014 8:11:35 PM
I don't know what you plan to accomplish. Nothing will come of this. You can't change anything with them. The only thing you can do is get other consumers to side with you, but you can not affect any of the current mainstream game sites. The only thing you can do is start directing anyone you know to Youtube personalities for news or trusted sites. Train yourself and others to turn off adblock for the people you like and NEVER go to clickbait articles for those you don't like. Any time an indie game goes on sale or gets news, check to see if the developer was involved with this and tell others. If they're in a humble bundle, then tell them to give all of their money to charity or to tip humble bundle.

I just checked out Brad Wardell's twitter to see what he has to say and it's quite interesting. In fact, indie developers are now tweeting pictures of homes and addresses developers who openly disagree with them. (I think he had someone from Capybara linked) There's a really great discussion on him and other female developers on the fact that almost all indie developers and gaming sites who support this are either entirely male or a huge majority male.
---
I do benefits for all religions. I'd hate to blow the hereafter on a technicality. - Bob Hope
I'm right about everything, every time. 60% of the time.
#387Dieinafire1Posted 8/26/2014 8:15:27 PM
This is breaking news right? LOL
---
| AMD FX-8350 @ 4.4 ghz | MSI 990FXA-GD65 V2 | EVGA SLI TITANS | 16GB 1866 DDR3 | 850W Corsair | Win8.1 64bit | 3TB HDD 256 SSD | Hyper 212 Evo | 4K | PS4|Xbox1
#388FaPaThYPosted 8/26/2014 8:45:04 PM(edited)
Red_Jester posted...
I don't know what you plan to accomplish. Nothing will come of this. You can't change anything with them. The only thing you can do is get other consumers to side with you, but you can not affect any of the current mainstream game sites. The only thing you can do is start directing anyone you know to Youtube personalities for news or trusted sites. Train yourself and others to turn off adblock for the people you like and NEVER go to clickbait articles for those you don't like. Any time an indie game goes on sale or gets news, check to see if the developer was involved with this and tell others. If they're in a humble bundle, then tell them to give all of their money to charity or to tip humble bundle.

That's half the point. Bringing awareness to people who have no clue so they can decide for themselves who they support with ad money or not and opening up the minds of people who believe in Quinn and Co.'s lies. Hell, I talked with the person who earlier called 4chan the 'Church of Misogyny' and she has since written this because of it:

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1s644c0

What have you done, besides spout "Hurr nothing will change"?

There are already good things coming from all of this. Vivian. The TFYC campaign being over half funded now. Sites speaking about and changing policies.Reasonable feminists speaking out against their own. Phil_Fish self destructing again.Some of these videos are getting 700k+ views and you think absolutely nothing is changing or will change?

What really doesn't help are people with defeatist attitudes like yours who say they don't care while telling people what they should or shouldn't do. You don't have a clue.
---
"Because I realize I want you. Guts." | "....... Are you a ****?"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Malicii/
#389Red_JesterPosted 8/26/2014 8:56:16 PM
I should have said that differently. I meant nothing would change specifically regarding gaming sites and that pressuring them and their supporters won't cause them to back down. Kotaku won't change because of those policy changes. That's why I followed up with what people can do to make the change themselves.
---
I do benefits for all religions. I'd hate to blow the hereafter on a technicality. - Bob Hope
I'm right about everything, every time. 60% of the time.
#390FaPaThYPosted 8/26/2014 9:30:21 PM(edited)
Patricia Hernandez has already gone into hiding after people picked up on her giving her girlfriend/landlord multiple favorable articles on her games, even going so far as to tell people to buy/download them. Jason Schreirer(sp?) is trying to hand-wave that by saying he 'trusts' that Hernandez's articles about her subject were 'honest and genuine', even while he agrees that she should have disclosed the relationship in the articles. No one's believing that s***. Overall, it's not looking good for him or Kotaku and this just makes more people aware of that fact.

One good thing that's come out of him is he agrees that funding devs through Patreon is a conflict of interest and is 'nixing any such contributions by our writers'. Some other sites either have or are changing their policies to do the same thing. Not surprisingly, Zoe Quinn doesn't like that and indirectly called Kotaku a bunch of bloggers, which got them to tweet back, and generally crying about how she doesn't see anything wrong with 'bloggers' giving her money through Patreon. Of course she doesn't.

And this isn't even close to being over yet. She'll be PAX at the end of the week, which will fuel the flames. More devs, journalists and sites are speaking out against her and her clique od journalists and defenders everyday, even if anonymously. There will be change.
---
"Because I realize I want you. Guts." | "....... Are you a ****?"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Malicii/