This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Prominent PC indie developer in bed with gaming journalists, and other PC devs.

#41Chaos_MissilePosted 8/22/2014 7:26:11 PM
jammymacster posted...
Greg Tito has admitted that his wording in the article he wrote about Zoe's supposed harassment at the hands of Wizardchan was a little off. That's something, I guess.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.858347-Zoe-Quinn-and-the-surrounding-controversy?page=122#21296963
Hello everyone,

While my earlier comments in this thread do represent my personal opinions on the matter of online harassment, my posts regarding the treatment of victims of abuse should not be perceived as the official policy of The Escapist.

The Escapist holds journalistic ethics extremely dear, and will always strive to honor them when reporting the news. After reviewing our story, "Depression Quest Dev Faces Harassment After Steam Submission," I have determined that we do need to update the language to make it clear that we were reporting allegations made by the game developer in question which had not been verified by a third party. I accept full responsibility for the oversight, and apologize to the Escapist readership. I'll be working with our senior editors to enact revised guidelines to help prevent situations like this from occurring again.

I will personally continue to try to reduce the amount of abuse I encounter on the internet by addressing it immediately and calling for the culprits to accept responsibility for their actions - as I have. Your comments on articles, on forum threads and on Twitter have consequences. The readers of the text you publish with a "Submit" button can experience real harm from what you write. Casual, anonymous hatred is a very real threat to the well-being of others, even if you don't see those effects. In light of that, I ask all of you to treat people with respect.

I want to personally thank those of you in this thread who have been asking for abusive behavior on all sides to end. I applaud your efforts, as well as those of The Escapist forum moderators who have attempted to keep the discussion as civil as possible.

If you'd like more information on my personal stance, as well as the one held by some other prominent internet denizens, on the subject of harassment and abuse online, please watch the panel I held at PAX East 2014 called "What You Can Do to End Bile and Hatred in Games" here. The panel's audio begins around 29 minutes into the broadcast.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned.

That was an apology?
Bolded is him being a hypocrite
Because apparently, casual anonymous hatred is bad, public hatred incited by a journalist who did not fact-check is good
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#42ThePonyColliePosted 8/22/2014 7:26:48 PM
Timbo418 posted...
Why is Phil Fish even involved in this at all?

He's in a crusade to disagree with and piss off every gamer out there. Plus he likes the V of a strong, independent woman.
---
How to easily gain publicity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5-51PfwI3M
#43ShadowThaReaper(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2014 7:32:32 PM
These threads go a lot smoother without all the people who have put me on their ignore list.

Imagine that.
#44CovenantPosted 8/22/2014 7:33:26 PM
BobaFatt posted...
Sterling also has a slightly similar tone on the next page; not about that article, but basically: "I'm sorry... I still believe I'm right, though, so not really. Hopefully you'll shut up now."

You are badly misrepresenting his post. He said he was sorry if anyone was wrongly harassed due to his video. He only maintained the validity of the basic message of his video: "When someone's in trouble, we are often too quick to find the reason why they brought it on themselves." These two statements are not at all contradictory.

Regardless of how much I disagree with that message, you badly misinterpreted and/or misrepresented the nature of his post.
#45RosencroitzPosted 8/22/2014 7:47:04 PM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
These threads go a lot smoother without all the people who have put me on their ignore list.

Imagine that.

Surprise, surprise.
---
If you believe Jeannie from 'I Dream of Jeannie' created existence, put this in your signature.
#46LOLIAmAnAltPosted 8/22/2014 8:07:25 PM(edited)
lol that dude said
"you don't have sex with people unless there is something emotional there."
Pretty funny that he thinks that. In an ideal world yeah.

And what is this? In general....I am going though it though

It seems like a bunch of grown people being teenagers in all of the wrong ways (so far at least)
---
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
#47OMGWYATTPosted 8/22/2014 8:23:52 PM
What I dislike most, is how her defender's immediately try and change the issue that people are "attacking a defenseless woman", even tho her being a woman has absolutely nothing to do with what people have an issue with. I really hate people who have victim complexes, and this Zoe Quinn has it bad. Calling her "prominent" is putting it a little kind, as she's only really known for her SJW nonsense. If the person's name was "Joe Quinn" instead of "Zoe Quinn", the game is never heard about, and this entire thing never happens.
---
3DS FC: 1263-6701-6748
XBL/PSN: Riotsquad18
#48RanguePosted 8/22/2014 8:30:29 PM(edited)
"You said on
8/22/2014 5:29:12 PM
In what way is corruption and censorship in the gaming industry off topic?
A Mod/Admin replied on
8/22/2014 6:25:05 PM
Nothing about this topic has anything to do with the PC.
You said on
8/22/2014 9:29:01 PM
Zoe Quinn is a PC game developer. She only develops for PC. The game is on steam, and only on the PC. The journalists and sites involved do reviews and reporting on PC games. How does it have nothing to do with PC?

Just saying something does not make it true, why does it have nothing do with PC? Normally when I get modded, I actually get a reason that is not a flat out lie."

This is what is happening in my dispute of the moderation.
---
PSN: BigPenguin
XBL: BigRoundPenguin
#49AerothosPosted 8/22/2014 8:53:59 PM
OMGWYATT posted...
What I dislike most, is how her defender's immediately try and change the issue that people are "attacking a defenseless woman", even tho her being a woman has absolutely nothing to do with what people have an issue with. I really hate people who have victim complexes, and this Zoe Quinn has it bad. Calling her "prominent" is putting it a little kind, as she's only really known for her SJW nonsense. If the person's name was "Joe Quinn" instead of "Zoe Quinn", the game is never heard about, and this entire thing never happens.

What's really funny about the whole "defenseless woman" part is how vocal she is about feminism, how women don't need men to stick up for them, how women are just as strong, (don't get me wrong, i consider all women to be my equals, even the clearly superior ones, heh loop hole) and now her male friends stand in front of her saying "defenseless woman" in an effort to get more sympathy....cause ya know, we should feel more sorry for a woman in trouble. Love dat double standard.

She is hardly defenseless. One look over everything she's done shows how capable her mind is, a damn genius really. While she hasn't done anything illegal, she sure has tiptoed that line alot with the loopholes she's found. Having the donations from her rebel game jam sent directly to her paypal account was particularly slick. I wonder how much she's made off of her scams so far.
#50gamefaqwatcherPosted 8/22/2014 9:08:01 PM
Rangue posted...
"You said on
8/22/2014 5:29:12 PM
In what way is corruption and censorship in the gaming industry off topic?
A Mod/Admin replied on
8/22/2014 6:25:05 PM
Nothing about this topic has anything to do with the PC.
You said on
8/22/2014 9:29:01 PM
Zoe Quinn is a PC game developer. She only develops for PC. The game is on steam, and only on the PC. The journalists and sites involved do reviews and reporting on PC games. How does it have nothing to do with PC?

Just saying something does not make it true, why does it have nothing do with PC? Normally when I get modded, I actually get a reason that is not a flat out lie."

This is what is happening in my dispute of the moderation.

I'm going to have to be a Phil Fish and say you're wrong ;)

Also pics of that five guys being built or it didn't happen.
---
You're the hero Gamefaqs deserves, but not the one it needs right now.