This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games that you think that gets more praise than they actually deserve.

#1MindwalkerXPosted 8/22/2014 5:04:57 PM
This topic of course is about opinions, so no need for animosity.

I will point The Walking Dead(telltale series) as my choice, apparently the game was praised by a lot of gaming sites, and even got Goty in some occasions, and seeing a game like this being championed so much, shows how this industry has decayed..

I played the entire first season, i enjoyed for what it was, some really cool/tense moments, and the story overall kept me entertained, but that's pretty much it. The gameplay is mediocre at best, and for a game that is fairly short and the graphics being nothing cutting edge, i think the game is kinda overpriced, the whole gameplay part for me was just a chore i had to do to advance in the narrative.

Once again, this is just my view.
---
There is much to be done.
3DS FC: 3024 5230 7246/NNID: GravenX
#2MaddSciencePosted 8/22/2014 5:09:22 PM
Depression Quest.
---
HDD is like a horse while SSDs are like Cars - CuteBeans
#3MagnemightPosted 8/22/2014 5:09:55 PM
all of your favorite games
---
Magikoopa Security Force: Defend against the Shy Guys!
Check out the demo (offsite): http://www.mfgg.net/index.php?act=resdb&param=02&c=2&id=29243
#4_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 8/22/2014 5:12:18 PM
This kind of thing will always be subjective.

For me it was the Witcher 1 and 2. Though I can see their appeal, with the cool characters and story telling, awesome ambiance and visuals, I just did not have any fun playing those games. And I really wanted to like them. I played each of them a good 20 hours before I was finally convinced those games just are not for me.

Especially in the witcher 1, every time I had to fight I just let out a sigh. At no point in the game was the combat system any fun to me. Fights were just things you pretty much just had to get through to advance the story, but it was a tedious thing to do.

TW2 was better in that regard, but I still can not honestly say I liked the combat in that game. I ended up doing an awkward rolling motion constantly and stabbing people at the end of that animation. It seemed to be the easiest way to get through the game, and I would be surprised if most others did not do the same thing.
---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | Kingston V300 120 GB | Corsair VX550 | Asus Xonar DGX | Corsair 300r | AKG k550 | Realforce 87U | Zowie EC1 Evo White
#5slyman19Posted 8/22/2014 5:12:21 PM
The Last of Us is probably the most overrated game of all time.

In terms of PC, Counter-Strike gets a little too much praise.
#6TropicMoon10Posted 8/22/2014 5:13:57 PM
Most of Bethesda's games
---
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg
#7MaddSciencePosted 8/22/2014 5:15:29 PM
Naughty Dog's last 4 releases.
---
HDD is like a horse while SSDs are like Cars - CuteBeans
#8anonymous46773Posted 8/22/2014 5:16:33 PM
CIvilization 5

*Holds up flame shield*
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#9Digital_SPosted 8/22/2014 5:22:08 PM
Skyrim
---
I can't stand FFIX, waiting 20 seconds at the start of every random battle with slow animations is not fun.
Bingo! http://i.imgur.com/fTrX3TV.png
#10Orestes417Posted 8/22/2014 5:24:17 PM
Any game that relies on mods to be good.
---
Your problem is you've spent your whole life thinking there are rules. There aren't. We used to be gorillas.