This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games that you think that gets more praise than they actually deserve.

#121TwindragonfangPosted 8/23/2014 8:42:27 AM
FRo3tBLo0d posted...
Fou Lu posted...
Dragon Age: Origins. I will never understand why people praise it so much, when it is such a terrible game. It makes me wonder if I should play Dragon Age 2 considering how much hate that game gets, it probably means it's far better.

DA 2 is the biggest cash grab I have ever seen. Origins is one of my favorite games of all time and the second one felt like a slap in the face.

The differences between the two games art direction, graphical quality, just the over all look of the games, is so huge considering they both take place around the same time story wise.

The second game looks much more cartoony imo, especially the darkspawn.
The gameplay was a huge switch up to a more fast paced combat style, which i liked.
I think both games are good, but DA:O is better imo.

As someone who loves Skyrim and has logged more hours in it than any sane person should, I will say it doesn't deserve half the praise it has gotten, and was one of the most over hyped games I've ever seen.
#122OfficialAce-KunPosted 8/23/2014 8:47:29 AM
Bongbuddy posted...
Every first party Nintendo series besides Fire Emblem and Earthbound.

ESPECIALLY Earthbound. Fools acting like it's still underrated when it's in every Top 10 SNES games or Top 10 JRPG list ever.
---
When my first baby was born I was asked to leave
Apparently cutting the umbilical cord and saying "I declare this fanny open!" didn't amuse my wife.
#123PrincipianPosted 8/23/2014 8:56:34 AM
Skyrim.

-Terrible cliche story with zero choices to make in the main plot. You're literally an errand boy going from point A to point B.
-Horrible clunky combat that is severely limited (there's no parrying, ripostes, kicking, dodging or any other techniques one would use in a fight).

Most console people like it because it's the only game of its type on consoles. PC people like it because it's moddable. Most people who have played other RPG's (Dragon Age Origins, The Witcher, Divine Divinity, Dragon's Dogma, Dark Souls etc) normally don't like vanilla Skyrim. I've yet to meet anyone who thinks Skyrim is better than any of the games I've listed here.

After Dark Souls, I'm ruined on RPG combat. Action-RPG combat absolutely must include more than two moves in combat (regular and power attack in Skyrim's case) and must include actions to dodge, roll, kick, riposte and parry as well as mix regular and power attacks together. TES has never changed and the combat feels very outdated as a result when so many other RPG's have competent combat systems.

Also, one area in Baldur's Gate > than the entire world of Skyrim. Skyrim's world isn't even worth exploring whereas every area in Baldur's Gate had something unique to be discovered.
---
Forever running from Reddit, home of the edgy fedora-wearing atheist teens and Doritos mountain dew championships.
#124ClashtonnPosted 8/23/2014 8:58:19 AM
Principian posted...
Most console people like it because it's the only game of its type on consoles. PC people like it because it's moddable. Most people who have played other RPG's (Dragon Age Origins, The Witcher, Divine Divinity, Dragon's Dogma, Dark Souls etc) normally don't like vanilla Skyrim. I've yet to meet anyone who thinks Skyrim is better than any of the games I've listed here.

I like Skyrim better than some of those games. But not vanilla Skyrim. Vanilla Skyrim is terrible.
---
i5 somethingK | GTX 660TI and some letters | Like 8 rams or something| Really Big HDD | Kind of small SDD
#125OMGWYATTPosted 8/23/2014 9:01:32 AM
Oblivion and Skyrim
Every final fantasy ever
Ocarina of time
---
3DS FC: 1263-6701-6748
XBL/PSN: Riotsquad18
#126LvthnPosted 8/23/2014 9:05:10 AM
Mario Kart. It's like a racing game, but with an RNG to decide if you get to actually win, now with a built in grind.
#127mabautiPosted 8/23/2014 9:05:20 AM
MGS series
#128MuhammadJAPosted 8/23/2014 9:09:31 AM
Anything from Naughty Dog. Their games are fun, but FFS, people are worshiping them.
---
Welcome to GameFAQs, home of the Drama Queens.
Where you can get modded for stating your opinion.
#129WariodorfPosted 8/23/2014 9:16:14 AM
Valve games mostly
---
Shut up! Hurry up and get back inside me!
#130youshallbeasgodPosted 8/23/2014 9:28:07 AM
Holoogamooga_ posted...
Shadow of the Colossus, hands down. I don't understand at all.

Then you never played. That game dropped my jaw.
---
Relax, it's just a game.