This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games that you think that gets more praise than they actually deserve.

#91Phrase-of-EvePosted 8/23/2014 6:36:43 AM
The Last of Us and Skyrim.
---
The worst foe lies within the self.
The official Mitochondria Eve on every board ever.
#92masterpaul666Posted 8/23/2014 6:44:26 AM
anonymous46773 posted...
CIvilization 5

*Holds up flame shield*

Civ is actualy a rather terrible game, in term of gameplay. It's just a dumb down attempt at strategy games. Go try europa instead~
#93temgunPosted 8/23/2014 6:53:43 AM
Modern Naughty Dog games in general. Crash games and Jax trilogy were some of the best things on the PS1 and PS2, but I found Uncharted games to be pretty dull. I actually liked the first Uncharted game, but 2 and 3 were kinda boring. I guess I just dislike 3rd person shooters in general, but I hated the shooting sections in Uncharted games, they dragged on and on. Still it's touted as the best thing ever, I don't get it.
#94TropicMoon10Posted 8/23/2014 6:55:41 AM(edited)
temgun posted...
Modern Naughty Dog games in general. Crash games and Jax trilogy were some of the best things on the PS1 and PS2, but I found Uncharted games to be pretty dull. I actually liked the first Uncharted game, but 2 and 3 were kinda boring. I guess I just dislike 3rd person shooters in general, but I hated the shooting sections in Uncharted games, they dragged on and on. Still it's touted as the best thing ever, I don't get it.

That's what happens when you shift focus towards graphics and making games "cinematic". and apparently modern gamers are just fine with that.
---
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg
#95faithfullmattPosted 8/23/2014 6:56:21 AM
Never got what all the hype was about for any Nintendo first party game. In my eyes Mario is way over done, more so then Cod.
#96psduckie1Posted 8/23/2014 7:00:50 AM
Civilization 3. That game makes me wish I could sell games from my Steam library; I wouldn't touch Civ3 with a 39 1/2 foot pole and I don't want to ever see it in my Steam library again!
#97Namord1Posted 8/23/2014 7:11:58 AM
CaliberChamp posted...
Dark souls. A game with many flaws that has a dedicated fan base of nut jobs. Makes me want to slap the people that recommended it to me. Waste of time.

FINALLY, someone who understands!!! I really dislike all these threads about "Dark Souls" as if it was greater then some games ppl like and enjoy.

SCREW. DARK SOULS. AND. ITS. SERIES. AND. ITS. MASOCHISTIC. FANS.
Oh, and the green elf called Link can suck it too.

I would mention tlou, however I haven't played it and have no ps3.

for those who hate stealth/action games, I apologize. there are developers who emphasize on gameplay over graphics (which imho is the way to go). the same goes for those who hate shooters (yes, there are teenagers saying things they have no clue about, and haxx0rz that use aimbots to win).

And the comment that superman64 didnt deserve a 1... you never played Aquaman, have you?

And why do ppl complain about pc games if they play offline?
---
"BRING IT!" - Marcus Fenix
#98MrSwaggerStickPosted 8/23/2014 7:17:17 AM
Assassins Creed and Halo.
---
"Look, Sammy, I'm not a very good shot, but the Samaritan here uses really big bullets." Hellboy
#99Killah PriestPosted 8/23/2014 7:20:20 AM
almost ever single one.

They are video games and we have people like acting like they are important life changing things.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#100arleasPosted 8/23/2014 7:22:52 AM
Gone Home: got extra attention because of the sexuality instead of the game itself.

I would say Depression quest but I've never played it, and I don't know of anyone who actually praises it other than the big media echo chamber. We already know how much their opinions are worth. You can measure it in Dollars.

Civ V gets lots of praise when really it was 1 step forward and 2 steps back UNTIL they released the expansions.

Half Life 2 was a great game for 2004 but 10 years later people are talking about it like it's STILL something amazing. :I If that is true then it's just sad.

Bioshock Infinite: The story wasn't very well written, the gameplay was nothing special... it's not a bad game, just nothing worth raving over.

Final Fantasy 7 is hugely overrated... and probably will always be. I enjoyed it... but it's far from the best game ever.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3635582762.png