This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is the best Cloud Storage service in your opinion?

#21Davel23Posted 8/23/2014 7:29:46 AM
Knighted Dragon posted...
Death_Born posted...

I like Dropbox, I have 58.5 gigs for free

How'd you do that? I seem to remember you can somehow get some extra storage from Galaxy phones right? I have an S4 but I don't have any extra storage =/

My HTC EVO 4G LTE on Sprint came with 25 free gigs of Dropbox space good for 2 years. When I switched to a Verizon Galaxy S5 it came with Verizon's own cloud storage service (which I haven't bothered looking into) and I let the Dropbox space expire. They were a real pain-in-the-ass about renewing, too.
---
Your mom's box.
#22cody4783Posted 8/23/2014 7:59:06 AM
Don't use much in the way of online storage (Only ever have a few hundred MB stored at a time), but I usually use Box.com for anything I need.

Mostly use it specifically because I have 50GB free for using their Android app back in it's beta/early stages, though.

Also: I always confuse Box (which I use) and Dropbox (Which is more popular but I don't even think I ever made an account for).
---
PC: http://i.imgur.com/zgyKBAY.jpg
#23Ned_MandingoPosted 8/23/2014 8:01:44 AM
Dragnfyr posted...
OneDrive has the best webapps. Also I get 1TB of storage because I'm an Office 365 subscriber.

This
---
You Gotta Pay The Troll Toll
#24SteamsterPosted 8/23/2014 8:15:33 AM
Killah Priest posted...
I'm not a student and I already have my own storage I can access everywhere that I don't call a "cloud"

That doesn't really m ke it "stupid."

Surely, you're intelligent enough to see how it's incredibly convenient and useful, despite not taking advantage of it yourself.
#25Killah PriestPosted 8/23/2014 8:23:08 AM
Surely, you're intelligent enough to see how it's incredibly convenient and useful, despite not taking advantage of it yourself.

That has nothing to do with my opinion.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#26PraetorXynPosted 8/23/2014 5:51:04 PM
My own server that can be accessed anywhere, where some grubby little corporation doesn't have hands on everything I own.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png
#27OmniNakagoPosted 8/23/2014 6:25:21 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#28hitokiri13Posted 8/23/2014 9:17:23 PM(edited)
PraetorXyn posted...
My own server that can be accessed anywhere, where some grubby little corporation doesn't have hands on everything I own.

I do have that but when you get 365 you might as well use it. Good thing it doesn't tie to your home unless you ask your cousin to host a back up NAS.

Self own advantage is money because it's cheaper in the long run but problem what if someone breaks in your house or house got caught on fire. What if your HDD dies and you don't have replacement in time. Having in two different location is very nice plus whatever happens at Microsoft you still have data at your home.
---
Originally Posted by Manicdan
using a OCed quad for torrenting is like robbing your local video store with a rocket launcher.
#29TimePharaohPosted 8/24/2014 9:55:21 PM
Killah Priest posted...
I'm not a student and I already have my own storage I can access everywhere that I don't call a "cloud"

Because that's not a backup if all the data is stored in the same physical location? Derp?
#30NingishzidaPosted 8/24/2014 10:58:33 PM
Knighted Dragon posted...
I like Dropbox, I just wish it had larger storage without having to pay. 2 gigs isn't really enough for anything important, and the alternatives offer 15 gigs free, or most of them do anyway

lol bold