This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Crappy controller support is the worst.

#11CatToyPosted 8/22/2014 11:01:43 PM
Stallion_Prime posted...
God damn microsoft making their controller the main PC gamepad.

I'm not sure you understand. XInput can be utilized by anyone, and is in fact used by nearly all gamepad manufacturers. If you have a problem using your DS4, take it up with Sony for not supporting XInput like the rest of the world.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#12kobalobasileusPosted 8/22/2014 11:27:57 PM
Stallion_Prime posted...
no

Your fault, then. Xbox 360 and XBONE controllers are god-tier.
#13DawnshadowPosted 8/22/2014 11:29:25 PM
kobalobasileus posted...
Stallion_Prime posted...
no

But... the digital pad on the 360 controller is terrible!

A good third party one with a better pad's fine, though.
---
*Turn Evil can now be cast on players. When used, it applies a small goatee and causes them to explain their diabolical plans while steepling their fingers.
#14kobalobasileusPosted 8/22/2014 11:34:59 PM
Dawnshadow posted...
kobalobasileus posted...
Stallion_Prime posted...
no

But... the digital pad on the 360 controller is terrible!

A good third party one with a better pad's fine, though.

Yes, the 360 d-pad is terrible. The XBONE's d-pad is great. Which to get depends on whether you're into 2D Indie games or modern games. Either one can't be beat for compatibility and ease of use.
#15killkountPosted 8/22/2014 11:39:53 PM
Controllers are the worst, you're correct.
---
Have an Instagram? Give #fatbushes a follow!
http://i.imgur.com/XqIF7rn.gif
#16beautifuldreamsPosted 8/22/2014 11:40:25 PM
imo everyone should own 2 controllers, one with the left analog in the primary left-thumb location, and one with the d-pad in that position for games that use the d-pad for movement
---
nyuuuuuuuuu~
#17RunFromThisGunPosted 8/23/2014 12:43:25 AM
CatToy posted...
Stallion_Prime posted...

I'm not sure you understand. XInput can be utilized by anyone, and is in fact used by nearly all gamepad manufacturers. If you have a problem using your DS4, take it up with Sony for not supporting XInput like the rest of the world.

Sony has had the worst controllers period. N64 contoller > PS1 controller, DC controller > PS2 controller, and I won't even mention the Xbox controllers because it's Gospel at this point.
#18ClashtonnPosted 8/23/2014 12:44:20 AM
beautifuldreams posted...
imo everyone should own 2 controllers, one with the left analog in the primary left-thumb location, and one with the d-pad in that position for games that use the d-pad for movement

I own a 360 controller and a PS4 controller, and the only time I use my DS4 is for local multiplayer.

But I guess if you play a lot of fighters and really old emulated games it might come in handy. But is that really that important for most people?
---
i5 somethingK | GTX 660TI and some letters | Like 8 rams or something| Really Big HDD | Kind of small SDD
#19WyzeGyePosted 8/23/2014 12:51:37 AM
RunFromThisGun posted...
CatToy posted...
Stallion_Prime posted...

Sony has had the worst controllers period. N64 contoller > PS1 controller, DC controller > PS2 controller, and I won't even mention the Xbox controllers because it's Gospel at this point.

b-b-but....

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic.... are you?

please say you are
---
http://puu.sh/8IK8Q/8e25ebacb7.jpg - - http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561198039262606.png
Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep.
#20Unsugarized_FooPosted 8/23/2014 12:54:48 AM
I personally hate PS controllers. My least favorite of any generation.

Haven't tried the DS4 though. The other controllers cramp the hell out of my hand and need to be bigger
---
"All I have is my balls and my word, and I don't break them for anyone!"-Tony Montana