This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Computer stops working

#1VIP86Posted 8/22/2014 10:12:00 PM
I built a computer for my cousin this January as part of his bday and grad gift. He finally moved his computer to his dorm and he tells me that it doesn't start up anymore. The fans turn on for a second, and then cuts off. This leads me to believe that the motherboard or some other part has shorted out. However it was working perfectly fine even up to yesterday. He tells me that he didn't transport the desktop in the original case though. He apparently put it in a bigger box with other things. Does anyone have any idea or experience with stuff like this happening?
---
i5-3570K| MAXIMUS V GENE| ASUS DCUII 670| CORSAIR XMS3 8GB| CORSAIR 350D| INTEL 520 180GB| CORSAIR H100i| CORSAIR AX750
#2chrishu311Posted 8/22/2014 10:17:10 PM
You might want to open up the case and make sure that all the wires are good and solidly connected into the MOBO, but I've had that issue before and in my case the MOBO had shorted out. Could be useful to take the machine apart piece by piece to see which thing is causing the errors, as well, before having to RMA something in particular.
---
"Nothing is perfect. The world turns on a tilted axis just doing the best it can, and that's what makes it so damn beautiful." --Roy Mustang