This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Phil Fish selling Fez IP and Polyton, leaving industry (again).

#31PrincipianPosted 8/23/2014 7:43:00 AM
Saga3 posted...
I hate every single thing about this guy. I really hope he doesn't come back, although knowing the narcarcist that he is he probably will show up again..then make his Twitter private and disappear again and repeat.

And he had what was coming to him; if he wasn't a MASSIVE ****head he wouldn't have been doxxed. You reap what you sow.

TBH he was gone already. He hadn't showed his face since the drama occurred so why did he have to be doxxed? He was gone and dealt with. Seems like someone with an grudge decided to finally hack into his account.

The guy may be an idiot but stealing his personal information on that account is still wrong. He reaped what he sowed when his rants blew up in his face.
---
Forever running from Reddit, home of the edgy fedora-wearing atheist teens and Doritos mountain dew championships.
#32LaManoNeraIIPosted 8/23/2014 8:11:10 AM
After he was "hacked", personal information of employees, financial reports of the company, and files of Fez 2, were "leaked". Then, coincidently, the company and IP are up for sale.

Either this guy is a colossal moron or he's pulling a huge sleaseball scam I hope Uncle Sam bends him over hard for
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#33foxyReyokoPosted 8/23/2014 8:44:19 AM
This guys is a massive tool and a white knight, good riddance, Fez was fun though
---
METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN [TBA]
FINAL FANTASY XVersus [TBA]
#34JKatarnPosted 8/23/2014 8:55:53 AM
I have had multiple opportunities to buy Fez cheaply but have decided it against it due to his attitude. I don't want to indirectly support him in any way. For someone who only has one reasonably successful game under his belt he sure has a giant ego (a game, might I add that would likely not exist without his programmer friend helping him).
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#35JKatarnPosted 8/23/2014 9:04:13 AM
arleas posted...
TropicMoon10 posted...
People gave Fez too much praise. The game was cute and fun but all the positive reception completely demolished his ego.

If you saw him in Indie Game:the movie, he was always like this. Pretentious, obnoxious, neurotic... If he isn't seeking professional help, he really should be or next we hear of him will be when he goes nuts and does something harmful to someone.

I don't believe he's sane.

I saw the movie and sure, he's got an undeserved inflated ego, and has made some abrasive comments, but insane? I think that's being a bit hyperbolic.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
#36pwnater777Posted 8/23/2014 9:08:19 AM
"I'm so serious guyzzzz, someone please give me more money for my things so I can complain more!"
---
Kojima and Del Toro working on a new Silent Hill starring Norman Reedus... this means the world to me.
#37ChromaticAngelPosted 8/23/2014 9:15:15 AM
Chaos_Missile posted...
Apparently, another way of saying "hacked"

No, it means, in short form, someone researched your personal information, either legally or illegally, (address, phone number, etc) and published them in a very public place.
---
RPG Spotlight: Avernum http://www.gog.com/game/avernum_the_complete_saga
Short Summary: http://pastebin.com/Mk2YM7aD
#38SlashmanSGPosted 8/23/2014 9:17:15 AM
He didn't get doxxed guy, it's a fraud.
---
Fight Science with Wood
http://i.imgur.com/Um0p3xx.gif http://i.imgur.com/MIbbUHB.gif
#39JKatarnPosted 8/23/2014 9:34:44 AM
ChromaticAngel posted...
Chaos_Missile posted...

No, it means, in short form, someone researched your personal information, either legally or illegally, (address, phone number, etc) and published them in a very public place.

Which I think is an extreme measure unless we're talking about a rapist, genocidal killer etc. - guy makes some abrasive comments, has a huge ego, irks some gamers, so of course the proper course of action is to post his personal details on the Internet. The guy's a jerk, but that's going too far.
---
#40RosencroitzPosted 8/23/2014 9:47:09 AM
JKatarn posted...
ChromaticAngel posted...
Chaos_Missile posted...

Which I think is an extreme measure unless we're talking about a rapist, genocidal killer etc. - guy makes some abrasive comments, has a huge ego, irks some gamers, so of course the proper course of action is to post his personal details on the Internet. The guy's a jerk, but that's going too far.

The problem is that you're actually working under the assumption it wasn't he himself doing it.
---
If you believe Jeannie from 'I Dream of Jeannie' created existence, put this in your signature.