This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Phil Fish selling Fez IP and Polyton, leaving industry (again).

#41MonkeymagePosted 8/23/2014 10:03:39 AM
Rosencroitz posted...
JKatarn posted...
ChromaticAngel posted...
Chaos_Missile posted...
Apparently, another way of saying "hacked"

No, it means, in short form, someone researched your personal information, either legally or illegally, (address, phone number, etc) and published them in a very public place.

Which I think is an extreme measure unless we're talking about a rapist, genocidal killer etc. - guy makes some abrasive comments, has a huge ego, irks some gamers, so of course the proper course of action is to post his personal details on the Internet. The guy's a jerk, but that's going too far.

The problem is that you're actually working under the assumption it wasn't he himself doing it.

Which it was. I think that it's great that people reported the Zoe Quinn / Phil Fish "doxxing" to the FBI, because it will be sweet vindication to those who already know that they doxxed themselves.
---
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI
#42snesmaster40Posted 8/23/2014 10:04:36 AM
Principian posted...
Saga3 posted...
I hate every single thing about this guy. I really hope he doesn't come back, although knowing the narcarcist that he is he probably will show up again..then make his Twitter private and disappear again and repeat.

And he had what was coming to him; if he wasn't a MASSIVE ****head he wouldn't have been doxxed. You reap what you sow.

TBH he was gone already. He hadn't showed his face since the drama occurred so why did he have to be doxxed? He was gone and dealt with. Seems like someone with an grudge decided to finally hack into his account.

The guy may be an idiot but stealing his personal information on that account is still wrong. He reaped what he sowed when his rants blew up in his face.

Except the dox is fake. It's another false flag attempt on 4chan's /v/. The article already points out that the dox may have been fake.

Somebody showed it to me yesterday and we just laughed at it, since we noticed how fake it was. They wrote something like: "This is the 4chan mod of /V/".

Just that sentence is written very odd (capital v?). In fact it's very similar to the fake dox on Zoe Quinn's tumblr.
---
Are we not men?
#43MonkeymagePosted 8/23/2014 10:06:37 AM
Others have already pointed out that Polytron's "hacking" would have been damn near impossible without the use of Fish's actual phone or laptop, due to the 2-step Cloudflare protection.
---
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI
#44snesmaster40Posted 8/23/2014 10:22:42 AM
Oh so people are reporting these fake doxs to the FBI? Neat.

Has anyone ever been arrested or charged for doing a fake dox?
---
Are we not men?
#45Elkiador(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2014 10:35:29 AM
snesmaster40 posted...

Well, the "dox" file that was uploaded contained confidential information of Polyton employees, as I understand it. I'm pretty sure an employer leaking that stuff would be grounds for some kind of criminal action, or at least a civil suit.
#46DignatoReRaisedPosted 8/23/2014 10:35:50 AM
snesmaster40 posted...

You can be arrested and charged for doing a real one, so a fake one would probably carry the same charge.

I don't really know why the FBI would have anything to do with Phil though. He doesn't live in the States.
---
DON'T F*** WITH THE SENATOR!
NANOMACHINES, SON!
#47snesmaster40Posted 8/23/2014 10:37:05 AM
Elkiador posted...
snesmaster40 posted...

Well, the "dox" file that was uploaded contained confidential information of Polyton employees, as I understand it. I'm pretty sure an employer leaking that stuff would be grounds for some kind of criminal action, or at least a civil suit.

Interesting. I hope something happens.
---
Are we not men?
#48Bane766Posted 8/23/2014 10:38:15 AM
I hope so. And if so, good. Guy is awful and Fez isn't that great for all the hype it gets.
---
MSI GT60 15.6" : I7-3630QM, GTX680M/4GB GDDR5, 12GBDDRIII, 750GB/HD
Douleur Peur Mort
#49SlamslatePosted 8/23/2014 10:58:44 AM
Good riddance.
---
"I've had my prices super low and it hasn't sold which is why I bumped up the price."-xxnike629xx
#50DarkZV2BetaPosted 8/23/2014 10:58:53 AM
There's as much evidence to suggest that the dox is "legitimate" as there is to suggest it's fake.
TBH, the rampant fish hate is a larger source of drama and garbage than fish himself.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross